Effectiveness of bailouts in the EU
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bandopadhyaya, Arindam, 1994. "An Estimation of the Hazard Rate of Firms under Chapter 11 Protection," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 346-350, May.
- Ela Glowicka, 2005.
"Bailouts in a Common Market: A Strategic Approach,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2005-20, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Glowicka, Ela, 2005. "Bailouts in a common market: a strategic approach," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 177, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Couwenberg, Oscar, 2001. "Survival rates in bankruptcy systems : overlooking the evidence," Research Report 01E15, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, "undated".
"A Quality and Risk-Adjusted Cost Function for Banks: Evidence on the "Too-Big-To-Fail" Doctrine,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
25-92, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 1991. "A quality and risk-adjusted cost function for banks: evidence on the " too-big-to-fail" doctrine," Working Papers 91-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Chiara Monfardini & Rosalba Radice, 2008. "Testing Exogeneity in the Bivariate Probit Model: A Monte Carlo Study," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(2), pages 271-282, April.
- Roller, Lars-Hendrik & Zhang, Zhentang, 2005. "Bundling of social and private goods and the soft budget constraint problem," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 47-58, March.
- Boadway, Robin & Marceau, Nicolas & Marchand, Maurice, 1996.
"Time-consistent subsidies to unlucky firms,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 619-634, April.
- BOADWAY, Robin & MARCEAU, Nicolas & MARCHAND, Maurice, 1994. "Time-Consistent Subsidies to Unlucky Firms," Cahiers de recherche 9413, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Boadway, R. & Marceau, N. & Marchand, M., 1995. "Time-consistent subsidies to unlucky firms," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1220, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:dgr:rugsom:01e15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Beck, 2004. "Fixed, Focal, Fair? Book Prices Under Optional Resale Price Maintenance," CIG Working Papers SP II 2004-15, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Eric Maskin & Chenggang Xu, 2001.
"Soft budget constraint theories: From centralization to the market,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Maskin, Eric & Xu, Cheng-Gang, 2001. "Soft Budget Constraint Theories: From Centralization to the Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 2715, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Frey & Werner Pommerehne, 1982. "How powerful are public bureaucrats as voters?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 253-262, January.
- James J. Heckman, 2001. "Micro Data, Heterogeneity, and the Evaluation of Public Policy: Nobel Lecture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(4), pages 673-748, August.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Cai, Fang & Li, Zhou, 1998. "Competition, Policy Burdens, and State-Owned Enterprise Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 422-427, May.
- Rainer Nitsche & Paul Heidhues, 2006. "Study on methods to analyse the impact of state aid on competition," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 244, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Oscar Couwenberg, 2001. "Survival Rates in Bankruptcy Systems: Overlooking the Evidence," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 253-273, November.
- Li, Kai, 1999. "Bayesian analysis of duration models: an application to Chapter 11 bankruptcy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 305-312, June.
- Ilya R. Segal, 1998. "Monopoly and Soft Budget Constraint," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(3), pages 596-609, Autumn.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bortolotti, Bernardo & Cambini, Carlo & Rondi, Laura, 2013. "Reluctant regulation," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 804-828.
- European Commission, Directorate-General for Competition (Brussels) (ed.), 2016. "Ex-post evaluation of the impact of restructuring aid decisions on the viability of aided (non-financial) firms: Final report," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 130514.
- Heim, Sven & Hüschelrath, Kai & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp & Strazzeri, Maurizio, 2017.
"The impact of state aid on the survival and financial viability of aided firms,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 193-214.
- Heim, Sven & Hüschelrath, Kai & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp & Strazzeri, Maurizio, 2016. "The impact of state aid on the survival and financial viability of aided firms," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-035, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsState aid; European Union; Discrete-time hazard; Bivariate probit;
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-11-18 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2006-11-18 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trf:wpaper:176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .