Credit Supply versus Demand : Bank and Firm Balance-Sheet Channels in Good and Crisis Times
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Puri, Manju & Rocholl, Jörg & Steffen, Sascha, 2011.
"Global retail lending in the aftermath of the US financial crisis: Distinguishing between supply and demand effects,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 556-578, June.
- Manju Puri & Jörg Rocholl & Sascha Steffen, 2011. "Global retail lending in the aftermath of the US financial crisis: Distinguishing between supply and demand effects," NBER Working Papers 16967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Brancati, Emanuele & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2018.
"Financial markets, banks’ cost of funding, and firms’ decisions: Lessons from two crises,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-15.
- Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Brancati, Emanuele & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2013. "Financial Markets, Banks' Cost of Funding, and Firms' Decisions: Lessons from Two Crises," IZA Discussion Papers 7872, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pierluigi Balduzzi & Emanuele Brancati & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2013. "Financial Markets, Banks' Cost of Funding, and Firms' Decisions: Lessons from Two Crises," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 824, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 12 Aug 2016.
- Pierluigi Balduzzi & Emanuele Brancati & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2014. "Financial Markets, BanksÕ Cost of Funding, and FirmsÕ Decisions: Lessons from Two Crises," Working Papers CASMEF 1404, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Pierluigi Balduzzi & Emanuele Brancati & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2015. "Financial Markets, Banks' Cost of Funding, and Firms' Decisions: Lessons from Two Crises," CESifo Working Paper Series 5669, CESifo.
- Berg, Gunhild & Kirschenmann, Karolin, 2012. "Funding vs. real economy shock : the impact of the 2007-2009 crisis on small firms'credit availability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6030, The World Bank.
- Berg, Gunhild & Schrader, Jan, 2012. "Access to credit, natural disasters, and relationship lending," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 549-568.
- Barbi, Fernando C., 2014. "Determinants of Credit Expansion in Brazil," MPRA Paper 19535, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Sep 2014.
- Holod, Dmytro & Torna, Gökhan, 2018. "Do community banks contribute to international trade? Evidence from U.S. Data," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 185-204.
- Diwa C Guinigundo, 2015. "Increased financial intermediation in the Philippines: some implications for monetary policy," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),What do new forms of finance mean for EM central banks?, volume 83, pages 293-312, Bank for International Settlements.
- Wagner, Charlotte & Winkler, Adalbert, 2013. "The Vulnerability of Microfinance to Financial Turmoil – Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 71-90.
- Rodríguez-García, Rafael & Budría, Santiago, 2019. "The impact of supply-side factors on corporate leverage," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 262-272.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller & Rossana Merola & Volker Ziemann, 2012. "Debt and Macroeconomic Stability," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1003, OECD Publishing.
- Bofinger, Peter & Buch, Claudia M. & Feld, Lars P. & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Wieland, Volker, 2013. "Gegen eine rückwärtsgewandte Wirtschaftspolitik. Jahresgutachten 2013/14," Annual Economic Reports / Jahresgutachten, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung, volume 127, number 201314, July.
- Brei, Michael & Schclarek, Alfredo, 2015.
"A theoretical model of bank lending: Does ownership matter in times of crisis?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 298-307.
- Michael Brei & Alfredo Schclarek Curutchet, 2015. "A theoretical model of bank lending: does ownership matter in times of crisis?," Post-Print hal-01410624, HAL.
- Beck, Thorsten & Colciago, Andrea & Pfajfar, Damjan, 2014.
"The role of financial intermediaries in monetary policy transmission,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-11.
- Thorsten Beck & Andrea Colciago & Damjan Pfajfar, 2014. "The role of financial intermediaries in monetary policy transmission," DNB Working Papers 420, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller, 2012. "Debt and Macroeconomic Stability: An Overview of the Literature and Some Empirics," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1006, OECD Publishing.
- Immo Schott, 2013. "Startups, Credit, and the Jobless Recovery," 2013 Meeting Papers 340, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Holton, Sarah & Lawless, Martina & McCann, Fergal, 2012. "Firm Credit in Europe: A Tale of Three Crises," Research Technical Papers 04/RT/12, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Filippo De Marco, 2017. "Bank Lending and the European Sovereign Debt Crisis," Working Papers 213, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Diana Bonfim & Gil Nogueira & Steven Ongena, 2016. "Sorry, We're Closed: Loan Conditions When Bank Branches Close and Firms Transfer to Another Bank," Working Papers w201607, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Stefan Behrendt, 2016. "Determinants of lending activity in the Euro area," Jena Economic Research Papers 2016-017, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Dorel N. Manitiu & Giulio Pedrini, 2017. "The countercyclical role of Italian local banks during the financial crisis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(27), pages 2679-2696, June.
- Okoro E.U. Okoro & Charles O. Manasseh & Felicia C. Abada & Williams A. Nzidee & Ambrose C. Okeke & Josaphat U.J. Onwumere, 2018. "Financial Intermediation and Monetary Policy Effectiveness in Nigeria," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 8(6), pages 53-61.
- Müller, Isabella, 2020. "Trade shocks, credit reallocation and the role of specialisation: Evidence from syndicated lending," IWH Discussion Papers 15/2020, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
More about this item
Keywordsbank lending channel; credit supply; business cycle; credit crunch; capital; liquidity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiucen:a0842b60-0c4b-438b-a405-abcc91848425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.