Comparing opportunity cost measures of forest conservation in Uganda; implications for assessing the distributional impacts of forest management approac hes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Naughton-Treves, Lisa & Sanderson, Steven, 1995. "Property, politics and wildlife conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1265-1275, August.
- Paul J. Ferraro & R. David Simpson, 2002. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Conservation Payments," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 339-353.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Ronald M. Harstad & E. Elisabet Rutstr–m, 2004. "Experimental Methods and Elicitation of Values," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 7(2), pages 123-140, June.
- Ruitenbeek, H. Jack, 1992. "The rainforest supply price: a tool for evaluating rainforest conservation expenditures," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-78, July.
- Dale Whittington, 2004. "Ethical Issues with Contingent Valuation Surveys in Developing Countries: A Note on Informed Consent and Other Concerns," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(4), pages 507-515, August.
- Dale Whittington, 2002.
"Improving the Performance of Contingent Valuation Studies in Developing Countries,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 323-367, June.
- Dale Whittington, 2007. "Improving the Performance of Contingent Valuation Studies in Developing Countries," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp200709s1, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Sep 2007.
- Carson, Richard T. & Hanemann, W. Michael & Kopp, Raymond J. & Krosnick, Jon A. & Mitchell, Robert C. & Presser, Stanley & Ruud, Paul A. & Smith, V. Kerry & Conaway, Michael & Martin, Kerry, 1996.
"Was the NOAA Panel Correct about Contingent Valuation?,"
10503, Resources for the Future.
- Kopp, Raymond & Smith, V. Kerry & Mitchell, Robert & Presser, Stanley & Ruud, Paul & Hanemann, W. Michael & Krosnick, Jon & Conaway, Michael & Martin, Kerry & Carson, Richard, 1996. "Was the NOAA Panel Correct About Contingent Valuation?," Discussion Papers dp-96-20, Resources For the Future.
- Carson, Richard T. & Hanemann, W. Michael & Kopp, Raymond J. & Krosnick, Jon A. & Mitchell, Robert C. & Presser, Stanley & Ruud, Paul A. & Smith, V. Kerry, 1996. "Was the NOAA Panel Correct about Contingent Valuation?," Working Papers 96-21, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2007.
"Land Conversion, Interspecific Competition, and Bioinvasion in a Tropical Ecosystem,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 39(Special), pages 1-15, October.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2007. "Land Conversion, Interspecific Competition, and Bioinvasion in a Tropical Ecosystem," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(s1), pages 133-147, October.
- Peter A. Diamond & Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Contingent Valuation: Is Some Number Better than No Number?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Ben Groom & Charles Palmer, 2008. "Direct vs Indirect Payments for Environmental Services: The Role of Relaxing Market Constraints," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 36.2008, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2008.
- Rolando Guzman & Charles Kolstad, 2007. "Researching Preferences, Valuation and Hypothetical Bias," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(3), pages 465-487, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521457118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Joyotee & Mourato, Susana & Veneklaas, Erik & Labarta, Ricardo A. & Reategui, Keneth & Sanchez, Glendy, 1998. "Willingness To Pay For Environmental Services Among Slash-And-Burn Farmers In The Peruvian Amazon: Implications For Deforestation And Global Environmental Markets," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20805, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordscosts of conservation; protected areas; forest income; contingent valu ation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-08-15 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-08-15 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stl:stledp:2011-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Liam Delaney). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/destiuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.