Demand for Skills in Canada: The Role of Foreign Outsourcing and Information-communication Technology
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Beiling Yan, 2006. "Demand for skills in Canada: the role of foreign outsourcing and information-communication technology," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 53-67, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feenstra, Robert C & Hanson, Gordon H, 1996. "Globalization, Outsourcing, and Wage Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 240-245, May.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Eli Bekman & John Bound & Stephen Machin, 1998.
"Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1245-1279.
- Eli Berman & John Bound & Stephen Machin, 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 6166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- E Berman & J Bound & Stephen Machin, 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," CEP Discussion Papers dp0367, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Berman, E. & Bound, J. & Machin, S., 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," Papers 25, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Berman, E. & Bound, J. & Machin, S., 1997. "Implications of skill-biased technological change: international evidence," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20314, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Eli Berman & John Bound & Stephen Machin, 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 78, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Berman, Eli & Bound, John & Machin, Stephen, 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," Working Paper Series 486, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Eli Berman & John Bound & Zvi Griliches, 1993. "Changes in the Demand for Skilled Labor within U.S. Manufacturing Industries: Evidence from the Annual Survey of Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 4255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Surendra Gera & Wulong Gu & Zhengxi Lin, 2001. "Technology and the demand for skills in Canada: an industry-level analysis," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(1), pages 132-148, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ludo Cuyvers & Emmanuel Dhyne & Reth Soeng, 2010. "The effects of internationalisation on domestic labour demand by skills : Firm-level evidence for Belgium," Working Paper Research 206, National Bank of Belgium.
- Rosario Crinò, 2007. "Offshoring, Multinationals and Labor Market: A Review of the Empirical Literature," KITeS Working Papers 196, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2007.
- Statistics Canada, 2008. "Cities and Growth: In Situ Versus Migratory Human Capital Growth," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2008019e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Boothby, Daniel & Dufour, Anik & Tang, Jianmin, 2010. "Technology adoption, training and productivity performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 650-661, June.
- Baldwin, John R. & Gu, Wulong, 2008. "Impartition et delocalisation au Canada," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2008055f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Masahiro Endoh, 2016. "The Effect of Offshoring on Skill Premiums: Evidence from Japanese Matched Worker-Firm Data," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2016-005, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
- Ken-ichi Hashimoto, 2015.
"Tariffs, Offshoring and Unemployment in A Two-Country Model,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 66(3), pages 371-392, September.
- HASHIMOTO Ken-ichi, 2011. "Tariffs offshoring and unemployment in a two-country model," ESRI Discussion paper series 272, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Statistics Canada, 2008. "Outsourcing and Offshoring in Canada," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2008055e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Michael P. Devereux & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2008. "Chapter 3: The effect of globalisation on Western European jobs: curse or blessing?," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 71-104, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment and unemployment; Globalization and the labour market; Information and communications technology; Information and communications technology sector; Labour; Labour mobility; turnover and work absences; Occupations;
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2006-02-05 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2006-02-05 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-INO-2006-02-05 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stc:stcp5e:2005035e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/stagvca.html .