The Dynamics of a Behavioral Two-Sex Demographic Model
In this paper, we examine the dynamic properties of a particular demographic model. An essential part of the model is the marriage function which is derived from assumptions about the behavior of women and men in a market where each individual is looking for a suitable partner. By means of simulation experiments we investigate different aspects of the model. Specifically, we find that it is difficult to determine parameters related to preferences, birth and death rates, such that a non-trivial stable equilibrium is attained.
|Date of creation:||Jan 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O.Box 8131 Dep, N-0033 Oslo, Norway|
Phone: (+47) 21 09 00 00
Fax: (+47) 21 09 49 73
Web page: http://www.ssb.no/en/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dagsvik, John K, 2000.
"Aggregation in Matching Markets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(1), pages 27-57, February.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1990.
"Two-Sex Demographic Models,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 399-420, April.
- Pollak, R.A., 1990. "Two-Sex Demographic Models," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 90-07, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Pollak, R.A., 1990. "Two-Sex Demographic Models," Working Papers 90-07, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Roth,Alvin E. & Sotomayor,Marilda A. Oliveira, 1992.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521437882, November.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1992. "Two-sided matching," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 485-541 Elsevier.
- John K. Dagsvik & Ane S. Flaatten & Helge Brunborg, 1998. "A Behavioral Two-Sex Marriage Model," Discussion Papers 238, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J Bruusgaard)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.