The Resource Curse Hypothesis: Evidence from Ecuador
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-380, November.
- Shannon Pendergast & Judith Clarke & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2008. "Corruption, Development and the Curse of Natural Resources," Working Papers 2008-10, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2011. "Natural Resources: Curse or Blessing?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(2), pages 366-420, June.
- World Bank, 2011. "The Changing Wealth of Nations : Measuring Sustainable Development in the New Millennium," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2252, August.
- Claudio Bravo-Ortega & Jose De Gregorio, "undated".
"The Relative Richness of the Poor? Natural Resources, Human Capital and Economic Growth,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
139, Central Bank of Chile.
- Bravo-Ortega, Claudio & de Gregorio, Jose, 2005. "The relative richness of the poor? natural resources, human capital, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3484, The World Bank.
- Andersen, Jørgen Juel & Aslaksen, Silje, 2008. "Constitutions and the resource curse," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 227-246, October.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-149.
- Atkinson, Giles & Hamilton, Kirk, 2003. "Savings, Growth and the Resource Curse Hypothesis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1793-1807, November.
- Buiter, William H & Purvis, Douglas D, 1980.
"Oil, Disinflation, and Export Competitiveness : A Model of the "Dutch Disease","
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
185, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Willem H. Buiter & Douglas D. Purvis, 1980. "Oil, Disinflation, and Export Competitiveness: A Model of the "Dutch Disease"," NBER Working Papers 0592, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2001.
"Natural resources, education, and economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 847-859, May.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2000. "Natural Resources, Education, and Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder J G, 1984. "The 'Dutch Disease': A Disease after All?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 41-55, March.
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2004.
"The curse of natural resources in the transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 399-426, September.
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2002. "The Curse Of Natural Resources In The Transition Economies," Working Papers 241, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Kronenberg, Tobias, 2003. "The Curse Of Natural Resources In The Transition Economies," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
- Kareem Ismail, 2010. "The Structural Manifestation of the ‘Dutch Disease’; The Case of Oil Exporting Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/103, International Monetary Fund.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2008. "Sustainability and Human Development," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 11-32.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salvatore Monni & Luca Serafini, 2017. "The relationship between Ecuador and China: a dangerous alliance?," SEEDS Working Papers 0917, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Dec 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsBuen Vivir; Ecuador; Human Capital; Natural resources; Sustainability; Resource Curse Hypothesis; Sumak Kawsay;
- O21 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2014-11-07 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-11-07 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:srt:wpaper:2814. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessandro Palma) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.sustainability-seeds.org .