Intercarrier Compensation in Unilateral and Bilateral Arrangements
In terms of intercarrier compensation traffic flows are measured to allocate the costs between networks. This method provides a poor basis for sharing any costs. In this work we analyze the benefits of the traffic differentiation on the interconnection charges in unilateral and bilateral arrangements. We determine an original initiator of a transmission and compensate differently for the distinguished traffic flows. The presented approach was compared with the existing solutions, which perform cost compensation based on the traffic flows.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:||Jan 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in IEEE ICCCN 2009, 18th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks, San Francisco, USA, August 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 599 Gwanak-Ro, Gwanak-Gu, Seoul 151-744|
Web page: http://temep.snu.ac.kr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Carter & Julian Wright, 1999. "Interconnection in Network Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997.
"The Economics of Networks,"
- Economides, Nicholas, 1996. "The economics of networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 673-699, October.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997. "The Economics of Networks," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- Stanley Besen, 2001. "Advances in Routing Technologies and Internet Peering Agreements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 292-296, May.
- Armstrong, Mark, 2001. "The theory of access pricing and interconnection," MPRA Paper 15608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yoon Kiho, 2006. "Interconnection Economics of All-IP Networks," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1-15, September.
- Ruzana Davoyan & Jorn Altmann & Wolfgang Effelsberg, 2010. "A New Bilateral Arrangement between Interconnected Providers," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201044, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Jan 2010.
- Ruzana Davoyan & Jorn Altmann, 2010. "Investigating the Role of a Transmission Initiator in Private Peering Arrangements," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201043, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Jan 2010.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:snv:dp2009:201041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jorn Altmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.