Early Land Redistribution and the Food Security of South African Households: Micro-econometric evidence from national data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2005.
"Measuring the poverty reduction potential of land in rural Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 27-51, June.
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2002. "Measuring the Poverty Reduction Potential of Land in Rural Mexico," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6xg1q0dg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Aliber, Michael, 2003. "Chronic Poverty in South Africa: Incidence, Causes and Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 473-490, March.
- Deininger, Klaus & May, Julian, 2000. "Can there be growth with equity : an initial assessment of land reform in South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2451, The World Bank.
- Klaus Deininger, 2003. "Land Policies for Growth and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15125, March.
- Dekker, Marleen, 2004. "Sustainability and Resourcefulness: Support Networks During Periods of Stress," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1735-1751, October.
- Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Pender, John L. & Jagger, Pamela & Sserunkuuma, Dick & Kaizzi, Crammer & Ssali, Henry, 2004. "Strategies for sustainable land management and poverty reduction in Uganda:," Research reports 133, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1986. "Access to Capital and Agrarian Production Organisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 482-498, June.
- K. Deininger & S. Jin & H. K. Nagarajan, 2009.
"Land Reforms, Poverty Reduction, and Economic Growth: Evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 496-521.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Nagarajan, Hari K., 2007. "Land reforms, poverty reduction, and economic growth : evidence from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4448, The World Bank.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000.
"Land Reform, Poverty Reduction, and Growth: Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 389-430.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 1998. "Land reform, poverty reduction and growth : evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2018, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 1998. "Land Reform, Poverty Reduction and Growth: Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 13, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Owens, Trudy & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003.
"The Impact of Agricultural Extension on Farm Production in Resettlement Areas of Zimbabwe,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 337-357, January.
- Owens, Trudy & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "The Impact of Agricultural Extension on Farm Production in Resettlement Areas of Zimbabwe," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 337-357, January.
- Trudy Owens, 2001. "The impact of agricultural extension on farm production in resettlement areas of Zimbabwe," CSAE Working Paper Series 2001-06, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Bhattacharya, Jayanta & Currie, Janet & Haider, Steven, 2004. "Poverty, food insecurity, and nutritional outcomes in children and adults," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 839-862, July.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus, 1993. "South African land policy: The legacy of history and current options," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1451-1475, September.
- Wilde, Joachim, 2000. "Identification of multiple equation probit models with endogenous dummy regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 309-312, December.
- Bradstock, Alastair, 2005. "Changing livelihoods and land reform: Evidence from the Northern Cape province of South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1979-1992, November.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoddinott, John & Haddad, Lawrence, 1995. "Does Female Income Share Influence Household Expenditures? Evidence from Cote d'Ivoire," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 77-96, February.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Ruel, Marie T. & Ndiaye, Aida, 2005. "Why Is Child Malnutrition Lower in Urban Than in Rural Areas? Evidence from 36 Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1285-1305, August.
- Zimmerman, Frederick J., 2000. "Barriers to Participation of the Poor in South Africa's Land Redistribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1439-1460, August.
More about this item
KeywordsLand reform; South Africa; Food insecurity.;
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shf:wpaper:2006009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jacob Holmes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desheuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.