Schooling, Parents and Country
Our argument is that the importance of parent's schooling and female share of employment on children's schooling will vary by gender, ethnicity and economic system. We examine this issue across Germany, Hungary and the former Soviet Union. Our results indicate that there is a direct effect of economic system. Also, the slope coefficients vary among countries, ethnicity and gender. There are also differences in the human capital formation across ethnic groups and gender. While there is some assimilation across generations, it is far from complete.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (732) 932-7482
Fax: (732) 932-7416
Web page: http://snde.rutgers.edu/Rutgers/wp/rutgers-wplist.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ira N. Gang, 1996. "Who Matters Most? The Effect of Parent's Schooling on Children's Schooling," Departmental Working Papers 199613, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Ira N. Gang & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 1999.
"Is Child Like Parent? Educational Attainment and Ethnic Origin,"
Departmental Working Papers
199614, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Ira N. Gang & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2000. "Is Child like Parent? Educational Attainment and Ethnic Origin," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(3), pages 550-569.
- Gang, Ira N. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1999. "Is Child like Parent? Educational Attainment and Ethnic Origin," IZA Discussion Papers 57, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gang, Ira & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 1996. "Is Child Like Parent? Educational Attainment and Ethnic Origin," CEPR Discussion Papers 1461, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ira N. Gang & Robert C. Stuart, 1997.
"What Difference Does a Country Make? Earnings by Soviets in the Soviet Union and in the United States,"
Departmental Working Papers
199606, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Gang, Ira N. & Stuart, Robert C., 1997. "What difference does a country make? Earnings by Soviets in the Soviet Union and in the United States," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(Supplemen), pages 345-360.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rut:rutres:199617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.