Deep Habits in Consumption: A Spatial Panel Analysis Using Scanner Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nakamura, Emi & Steinsson, Jón, 2011. "Price setting in forward-looking customer markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 220-233.
- Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado & Jose Maria Casado & Jose Maria Labeaga, 2016.
"Envy and Habits: Panel Data Estimates of Interdependent Preferences,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 78(4), pages 443-469, August.
- Casado, Jose Maria & Alvarez-Cuadrado, Francisco & Labeaga, Jose Maria & Sutthiphisal, Dhanoos, 2012. "Envy and habits: Panel data estimates of interdependent preferences," MERIT Working Papers 054, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado & Jose Maria Casado & Jose Maria Labeaga & Dhanoos Sutthiphisal, 2012. "Envy and habits: panel data estimates of interdependent preferences," Working Papers 1213, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Maarten Dossche & Freddy Heylen & Dirk Van den Poel, 2010.
"The Kinked Demand Curve and Price Rigidity: Evidence from Scanner Data,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 112(4), pages 723-752, December.
- M. Dossche & F. Heylen & D. Van Den Poel, 2006. "The Kinked Demand Curve and Price Rigidity : Evidence from Scanner Data," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/429, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Maarten Dossche & Freddy Heylen & Dirk Van den Poel, 2006. "The kinked demand curve and price rigidity : evidence from scanner data," Working Paper Research 99, National Bank of Belgium.
- Morten Ravn & Stephanie Schmitt-Grohé & Martín Uribe, 2006.
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 73(1), pages 195-218.
- Morten Ravn & Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2004. "Deep Habits," NBER Working Papers 10261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morten O. Ravn & Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe, 2004. "Deep Habits," 2004 Meeting Papers 208, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ravn, Morten O & Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2004. "Deep Habits," CEPR Discussion Papers 4269, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- B. Verhelst & D. Van Den Poel, 2010.
"Price rigidity in Europe and the US: A comparative analysis using scanner data,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
10/684, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Dirk Van den Poel & Benjamin Verhelst, 2011. "Price Rigidity in Europe and the US: A Comparative Analysis Using Scanner Data," 2011 Meeting Papers 524, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- B. Verhelst & D. Van Den Poel, 2012. "Implicit Contracts and Price Stickiness: Evidence from Customer-Level Scanner Data," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/776, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Anselin, Luc & Hudak, Sheri, 1992. "Spatial econometrics in practice : A review of software options," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 509-536, September.
- Punnoose Jacob, 2015.
"Deep Habits, Price Rigidities, and the Consumption Response to Government Spending,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(2-3), pages 481-510, March.
- Punnoose Jacob, 2013. "Deep habits, price rigidities and the consumption response to Government spending," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2013/03, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Punnoose Jacob, 2013. "Deep Habits, Price Rigidities and the Consumption Response to Government Spending," CAMA Working Papers 2013-72, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Korniotis, George M., 2010. "Estimating Panel Models With Internal and External Habit Formation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 145-158.
- Eric Bradlow & Bart Bronnenberg & Gary Russell & Neeraj Arora & David Bell & Sri Duvvuri & Frankel Hofstede & Catarina Sismeiro & Raphael Thomadsen & Sha Yang, 2005. "Spatial Models in Marketing," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 267-278, December.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Melina & Stefania Villa, 2014.
"Fiscal Policy And Lending Relationships,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 696-712, April.
- Giovanni Melina & Stefania Villa, 2011. "Fiscal Policy and Lending Relationships," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1103, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Giovanni MELINA & Stefania VILLA, 2012. "Fiscal policy and lending relationships," Working Papers Department of Economics ces12.06, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Melina & Stefania Villa, 2013. "Fiscal Policy and Lending Relationships," IMF Working Papers 13/141, International Monetary Fund.
- Daeha Cho & Kwang Hwan Kim, 2013. "Deep Habits, Rule-of-Thumb Consumers, and Fiscal Policy," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 29, pages 305-327.
More about this item
KeywordsDeep habits; Preference interdependence; Spatial panel;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2013-02-03 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2013-02-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:12/823. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.