Empathy as Added Value in Predicting Donation Behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Verhaert, Griet A. & Van den Poel, Dirk, 2011. "Empathy as added value in predicting donation behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1288-1295.
References listed on IDEAS
- John List, 2008.
"Introduction to field experiments in economics with applications to the economics of charity,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 11(3), pages 203-212, September.
- John List, 2008. "Introduction to field experiments in economics with applications to the economics of charity," Artefactual Field Experiments 00085, The Field Experiments Website.
- Glenn W. Harrison & John A. List, 2004. "Field Experiments," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1009-1055, December.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Sargeant, Adrian & Ford, John B. & West, Douglas C., 2006. "Perceptual determinants of nonprofit giving behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 155-165, February.
- Jonker, J-J. & Piersma, N. & Van den Poel, D., 2002.
"Joint optimization of customer segmentation and marketing policy to maximize long-term profitability,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2002-18, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- J.-J. Jonker & N. Piersma & D. Van Den Poel, 2003. "Joint Optimization of Customer Segmentation and Marketing Policy to Maximize Long-Term Profitability," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/214, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- repec:feb:artefa:0105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel R. Bitran & Susana V. Mondschein, 1996. "Mailing Decisions in the Catalog Sales Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(9), pages 1364-1381, September.
- De Cannière, Marie Hélène & De Pelsmacker, Patrick & Geuens, Maggie, 2009.
"Relationship Quality and the Theory of Planned Behavior models of behavioral intentions and purchase behavior,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 82-92, January.
- M. H. De Cannière & P. De Pelsmacker & M. Geuens, 2008. "Relationship Quality and the Theory of Planned Behavior Models of Behavioral Intentions and Purchase Behavior," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 08/492, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Xinshu Zhao & John G. Lynch & Qimei Chen, 2010. "Reconsidering Baron and Kenny: Myths and Truths about Mediation Analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(2), pages 197-206, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gitae Kim & Bongsug Chae & David Olson, 2013. "A support vector machine (SVM) approach to imbalanced datasets of customer responses: comparison with other customer response models," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 7(1), pages 167-182, March.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:84:y:2018:i:c:p:82-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dave Webb & Janine Wong, 2014. "Exploring Antecedents of Charitable Giving and Their Impact on Subjective Well-Being in Singapore," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 65-87, May.
- repec:eee:soceco:v:68:y:2017:i:c:p:25-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joerg Dietz & Emmanuelle Kleinlogel, 2014. "Wage Cuts and Managers’ Empathy: How a Positive Emotion Can Contribute to Positive Organizational Ethics in Difficult Times," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 119(4), pages 461-472, February.
- Chuan, Amanda & Samek, Anya Savikhin, 2014.
"“Feel the Warmth” glow: A field experiment on manipulating the act of giving,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 198-211.
- Amanda Chuan & Anya Samek, 2013. "'Feel the Warmth' Glow: A Field Experiment on Manipulating the Act of Giving," Natural Field Experiments 00420, The Field Experiments Website.
- Emerson Wagner Mainardes & Rozélia Laurett & Nívea Coelho Pereira Degasperi & Sarah Venturim Lasso, 2016. "What motivates an individual to make donations of money and / or goods?," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer;International Association of Public and Non-Profit Marketing, vol. 13(1), pages 81-99, April.
- G. A. Verhaert & D. Van Den Poel, 2012. "The Role of Seed Money and Threshold Size in Optimizing Fundraising Campaigns: Past Behavior Matters!," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/815, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Barbara Culiberg, 2015. "The Role of Moral Philosophies and Value Orientations in Consumer Ethics: a Post-Transitional European Country Perspective," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 211-228, September.
- Hopkins, Christopher D. & Shanahan, Kevin J. & Raymond, Mary Anne, 2014. "The moderating role of religiosity on nonprofit advertising," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 23-31.
More about this item
Keywordscharitable giving; field study; personality traits; empathy; fundraising; hierarchical regression;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:10/692. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .