Earnings and Performance in Women's Professional Alpine Skiing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005.
"Women and competition in elimination tournaments: evidence from professional tennis data,"
DULBEA Working Papers
05-19.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lallemand, Thierry & Plasman, Robert & Rycx, Francois, 2005. "Women and Competition in Elimination Tournaments: Evidence from Professional Tennis Data," IZA Discussion Papers 1843, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- François Rycx & Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman, 2008. "Women and competition in elimination tournaments: evidence from professional tennis data," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/5607, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Josse Delfgaauw & Robert Dur & Joeri Sol & Willem Verbeke, 2013.
"Tournament Incentives in the Field: Gender Differences in the Workplace,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 305-326.
- Delfgaauw, Josse & Dur, Robert & Sol, Joeri & Verbeke, Willem, 2009. "Tournament Incentives in the Field: Gender Differences in the Workplace," IZA Discussion Papers 4395, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Josse Delfgaauw & Robert Dur & Joeri Sol & Willem Verbeke, 2009. "Tournament Incentives in the Field: Gender Differences in the Workplace," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-069/1, Tinbergen Institute, revised 20 Apr 2012.
- Michael T. Maloney & Robert E. McCormick, 2000. "The Response of Workers to Wages in Tournaments," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(2), pages 99-123, May.
- Douglas Coate & Donijo Robbins, 2001. "The Tournament Careers of Top-Ranked Men and Women Tennis Professionals: Are the Gentlemen More Committed than the Ladies?," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 22(1), pages 185-193, January.
- Rachel Croson & Uri Gneezy, 2009. "Gender Differences in Preferences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 448-474, June.
- Frick, Bernd, 2011. "Gender differences in competitiveness: Empirical evidence from professional distance running," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 389-398, June.
More about this item
Keywordstournament theory; womens professional skiing;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-10-27 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2012-10-27 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:albaec:2012_022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joseph Marchand). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deualca.html .