Case Study of Central and Local Government Finance in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Navon, Guy, 2006. "Budgetary Dynamics in The Local Authorities in Israel," MPRA Paper 9707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Vanessa Smith, L. & Yamagata, Takashi, 2013.
"Panel unit root tests in the presence of a multifactor error structure,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 94-115.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, L. Vanessa & Yamagata, Takashi, 2007. "Panel Unit Root Tests in the Presence of a Multifactor Error Structure," IZA Discussion Papers 3254, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & L. Vanessa Smith & Takashi Yamagata, 2008. "Panel Unit Root Tests in the Presence of a Multifactor Error Structure," CESifo Working Paper Series 2193, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smit, L.V. & Yamagata, T., 2007. "Panel Unit Root Tests in the Presence of a Multifactor Error Structure," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0775, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & L. Vanessa Smith & Takashi Yamagata, 2008. "Panel Unit Root Tests in the Presence of a Multifactor Error Structure," Discussion Papers 08/03, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Schoppa, Leonard J., 1993. "Two-level games and bargaining outcomes: why gaiatsu succeeds in Japan in some cases but not others," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(03), pages 353-386, June.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho, 2010. "Implementation of public works and intergovernmental relationships in Japan," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(1), pages 167-198, February.
- Tajika, Eiji & Yui, Yuji, 1996. "Public Policies and Capital Accumulation: Japan at the Dawn of Economic Growth," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 37(2), pages 135-153, December.
- Isabelle Joumard & Per Mathis Kongsrud, 2003. "Fiscal Relations across Government Levels," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2003(1), pages 155-229.
- Anita Tuladhar & Markus Bruckner, 2010. "Public Investment as a Fiscal Stimulus; Evidence from Japan’s Regional Spending During the 1990s," IMF Working Papers 10/110, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morgan, Peter & Long, Trinh Q., 2016. "Fiscal Decentralization and Local Budget Deficits in Viet Nam: An Empirical Analysis," ADBI Working Papers 613, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsJapan; local government; administrative system; local public finance; local revenue; fiscal shock; fiscal balance; tax system; “flypaper effect”;
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0599. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.