Volatility Contagion across the Equity Markets of Developed and Emerging Market Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Geert Bekaert & Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Arnaud Mehl, 2014. "The Global Crisis and Equity Market Contagion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(6), pages 2597-2649, December.
- Tim Bollerslev & George Tauchen & Hao Zhou, 2009.
"Expected Stock Returns and Variance Risk Premia,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(11), pages 4463-4492, November.
- Tim Bollerslev & Hao Zhou, 2006. "Expected stock returns and variance risk premia," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Tim Bollerslev & Hao Zhou, 2007. "Expected Stock Returns and Variance Risk Premia," CREATES Research Papers 2007-17, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Tim Bollerslev & Tzuo Hao & George Tauchen, 2008. "Expected Stock Returns and Variance Risk Premia," CREATES Research Papers 2008-48, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Marrone, James & Xu, Lai & Zhou, Hao, 2014.
"Stock Return Predictability and Variance Risk Premia: Statistical Inference and International Evidence,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(03), pages 633-661, June.
- Tim Bollerslev & James Marrone & Lai Xu & Hao Zhou, 2011. "Stock return predictability and variance risk premia: statistical inference and international evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Tim Bollerslev & Viktor Todorov, 2011.
"Tails, Fears, and Risk Premia,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(6), pages 2165-2211, December.
- Tim Bollerslev & Viktor Todorov, 2009. "Tails, Fears and Risk Premia," CREATES Research Papers 2009-26, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Tim Bollerslev & Viktor Todorov, 2010. "Tails, Fears and Risk Premia," Working Papers 10-33, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Feunou, Bruno & Jahan-Parvar, Mohammad & Okou, Cedric, 2015. "Downside Variance Risk Premium," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lo Duca, Marco, 2012. "Modelling the time varying determinants of portfolio flows to emerging markets," Working Paper Series 1468, European Central Bank.
- Raczko, Marek, 2015. "Volatility contagion: new evidence from market pricing of volatility risk," Bank of England working papers 552, Bank of England.
- Aït-Sahalia, Yacine & Cacho-Diaz, Julio & Laeven, Roger J.A., 2015.
"Modeling financial contagion using mutually exciting jump processes,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 585-606.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Julio Cacho-Diaz & Roger J.A. Laeven, 2010. "Modeling Financial Contagion Using Mutually Exciting Jump Processes," NBER Working Papers 15850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maneesoonthorn, Worapree & Martin, Gael M. & Forbes, Catherine S. & Grose, Simone D., 2012.
"Probabilistic forecasts of volatility and its risk premia,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 217-236.
- Worapree Maneesoonthorn & Gael M. Martin & Catherine S. Forbes & Simone Grose, 2010. "Probabilistic Forecasts of Volatility and its Risk Premia," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 22/10, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2009. "Variance Risk Premiums," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(3), pages 1311-1341, March.
- Mark Broadie & Mikhail Chernov & Michael Johannes, 2007. "Model Specification and Risk Premia: Evidence from Futures Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1453-1490, June.
More about this item
Keywordsequity market; equity fund flow; cross-equity market; spillover effects; global financial crisis; financial market volatility; variance risk premium; emerging market economies; eurozone; interest rate; nonparametric analysis; ordinary least squares; OLS; univariate; market correlation; regression analysis;
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.