Long-lived collateralized assets and bubbles
When infinite lived agents trade long-lived assets secured by durable goods, equilibrium exists without any uniform impatience requirements or additional debt constraints. Asset pricing bubbles are absent when the new endowments of durable goods are uniformly bounded away from zero. Otherwise, bubbles may occur, even for assets in persistently positive net supply and for deflators that yield finite present values of aggregate wealth.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 021 35271078
Fax: 021 35271084
Web page: http://www.econ.puc-rio.br
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Araujo, Aloisio. & Fajardo, J. & Páscoa. M. R., 2004.
Finance Lab Working Papers
flwp_68, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- MÃ¡rio PÃ¡scoa & Aloisio Araujo & JosÃ© Fajardo, 2004. "Endogenous Collateral," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 161, Econometric Society.
- Páscoa, Mario Rui & Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de & Barbachan, José Fajardo, 2003. "Endogenous Collateral," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 511, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Manuel S. Santos & Michael Woodford, 1993.
"Rational Asset Pricing Bubbles,"
9304, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Páscoa, Mário R. & Petrassi, Myrian & Torres-Martínez, Juan Pablo, 2009.
"Fiat money and the value of binding portfolio constraints,"
13782, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mário Páscoa & Myrian Petrassi & Juan Torres-Martínez, 2011. "Fiat money and the value of binding portfolio constraints," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 189-209, February.
- Mário Páscoa & Myrian Petrassi & Juan Pablo Torres-Martínez, 2008. "Fiat money and the value of binding portfolio constraints," Working Papers wp283, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Mário R. Páscoa & Myrian Petrassi & Juan Pablo Torres-Martínez, 2009. "Fiat Money and the Value of Binding Portfolio Constraints," Working Papers Series 176, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Eduardo L. Gim�nez, 2001.
"Complete and Incomplete Markets with Short-Sale Constraints,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
01-034/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Eduardo L. Giménez, 2003. "Complete and incomplete markets with short-sale constraints," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 195-204, 01.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2001.
"Stationary Equilibria in Asset-Pricing Models with Incomplete Markets and Collateral,"
1319, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2003. "Stationary Equilibria in Asset-Pricing Models with Incomplete Markets and Collateral," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1767-1793, November.
- Magill, M. & Quinzii, M., 1993.
"Icomplete Markets Over an Infinite Horizon: Long-Lived Securities and Speculative Bubbles,"
9321, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Magill, Michael & Quinzii, Martine, 1996. "Incomplete markets over an infinite horizon: Long-lived securities and speculative bubbles," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 133-170.
- Gale, David, 1973. "Pure exchange equilibrium of dynamic economic models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 12-36, February.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
- Hernandez D., Alejandro & Santos, Manuel S., 1996. "Competitive Equilibria for Infinite-Horizon Economies with Incomplete Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 102-130, October.
- Aloisio Araujo & M�rio Rui P�scoa & Juan Pablo Torres-Mart�nez, 2002.
"Collateral Avoids Ponzi Schemes in Incomplete Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1613-1638, July.
- Páscoa, Mario Rui & Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de & Torres-Martínez, Juan Pablo, 2001. "Collateral Avoids Ponzi Schemes in Incomplete Markets," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 419, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel & Younes, Yves, 1972. "On the Role of Money and the Existence of a Monetary Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 355-72, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rio:texdis:542. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.