Mobility of ideas for innovation: The role of inventor-specific knowledge flows
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blundell, Richard & Griffith, Rachel & Van Reenen, John, 1995.
"Dynamic Count Data Models of Technological Innovation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 333-344, March.
- Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & John Van Reenen, 1994. "Dynamic count data models of technological innovation," IFS Working Papers W94/10, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Frank Neffke & Martin Henning & Ron Boschma, 2011.
"How Do Regions Diversify over Time? Industry Relatedness and the Development of New Growth Paths in Regions,"
Clark University, vol. 87(3), pages 237-265, July.
- Frank Neffke & Martin Henning & Martin Ron Boschma, 2009. "How do regions diversify over time? Industry relatedness and the development of new growth paths in regions," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0916, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Oct 2009.
- Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B., 1999.
"Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 409-429, February.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1998. "Innovation in Cities: Science-Based Diversity, Specialization and Localized Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 1980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm & Ding Ding & Per Thulin, 2018.
"The knowledge spillover theory of intrapreneurship,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 1-30, June.
- Zoltan Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2009. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David B. Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2015. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 7, pages 129-144 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann, 2013. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 757-774, December.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 5326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acs, Zoltan & Audrestch, David & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2007. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 77, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Bo Carlsson, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-27, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- William Latham & Christian Le Bas & Dmitry Volodin, 2011.
"Value of invention, prolific inventor productivity and mobility : evidence from five countries, 1975-2002,"
1133, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- William Latham & Christian Le Bas & Dmitry Volodin, 2012. "Value of invention, prolific inventor productivity and mobility: evidence from five countries, 1975-2002," Post-Print halshs-00726039, HAL.
- William Latham & Christian Le Bas & Dmitry Volodin, 2011. "Value of invention, prolific inventor productivity and mobility: evidence from five countries, 1975-2002," Working Papers halshs-00654501, HAL.
- Blundell, Richard & Griffith, Rachel & Windmeijer, Frank, 2002.
"Individual effects and dynamics in count data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 113-131, May.
- Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Frank Windmeijer, 1999. "Individual effects and dynamics in count data models," IFS Working Papers W99/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Gerben Panne, 2004. "Agglomeration externalities: Marshall versus Jacobs," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 593-604, December.
- Jue Wang & Philip Shapira, 2012. "Partnering with universities: a good choice for nanotechnology start-up firms?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 197-215, February.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Mika Maliranta & Pierre Mohnen & Petri Rouvinen, 2009.
"Is inter-firm labor mobility a channel of knowledge spillovers? Evidence from a linked employer--employee panel,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 18(6), pages 1161-1191, December.
- Maliranta, Mika & Mohnen, Pierre & Rouvinen, Petri, 2008. "Is Inter-Firm Labor Mobility a Channel of Knowledge spillovers? Evidence from a Linked Employer-Employee Panel," MERIT Working Papers 005, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Maliranta, Mika & Mohnen, Pierre & Rouvinen, Petri, 2008. "Is Inter-firm Labor Mobility a Channel of Knowledge Spillovers? Evidence from a Linked Employer-Employee Panel," Discussion Papers 1116, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Kongsted, Hans Christian & Rønde, Thomas, 2015.
"Does the mobility of R&D labor increase innovation?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 91-105.
- Ulrich Kaiser & Hans Christian Kongsted & Thomas Ronde, 2013. " Does the Mobility of R & D Labor Increase Innovation?," Working Papers 336, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Kongsted, Hans Christian & Rønde, Thomas, 2014. "Does the mobility of R&D labor increase innovation?," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-115, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hoisl, Karin, 2007.
"Tracing mobile inventors--The causality between inventor mobility and inventor productivity,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 619-636, June.
- Hoisl, Karin, 2006. "Tracing Mobile Inventors – The Causality between Inventor Mobility and Inventor Productivity," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 1260, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- William R. Latham & C. Gay & Christian LeBas, 2005. "Collective Knowledge, Prolific Inventors and the Value of Inventions: An Empirical Study of French, German and British Owned U.S. Patents, 1975-1998," Working Papers 05-16, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Crepon, Bruno & Duguet, Emmanuel, 1997. "Estimating the Innovation Function from Patent Numbers: GMM on Count Panel Data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 243-263, May-June.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rodolfo Stucchi & Sofía Rojo & Alessandro Maffioli & Victoria Castillo, 2014. "Knowledge Spillovers of Innovation Policy through Labor Mobility: An Impact Evaluation of the FONTAR Program in Argentina," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 83894, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Maria Luisa Mancusi, 2003.
"Geographical concentration and the dynamics of countries' specialization in technologies,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 269-291.
- Maria Luisa Mancusi, 2000. "Geographical Concentration and the Dynamics of Countries' Specialization in Technologies," KITeS Working Papers 125, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Aug 2001.
- Paola Giuri & Myriam Mariani, 2013. "When Distance Disappears: Inventors, Education, and the Locus of Knowledge Spillovers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 449-463, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9494-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslabor mobility; knowledge spillovers; patents; innovation;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2015-01-26 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2015-01-26 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2015-01-26 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2015-01-26 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-KNM-2015-01-26 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2015-01-26 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:wpaper:27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etlaafi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.