Longevity, Working Lives and Public Finances
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jukka Lassila & Tarmo Valkonen, 2007. "The Finnish Pension Reform of 2005," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 32(1), pages 75-94, January.
- John Rust & Christopher Phelan, 1997.
"How Social Security and Medicare Affect Retirement Behavior in a World of Incomplete Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(4), pages 781-832, July.
- Rust, J., 1994. "How Social Security and Medicare Affect Retirement Behavior in a World of Incomplete Markets," Working papers 9430, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- John Rust & Christopher Phelan, 1994. "How Social Security and Medicare Affect Retirement Behavior in a World of Incomplete Markets," Public Economics 9406005, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Oct 1996.
- Lassila, Jukka & Valkonen, Timo, 2008. "Population ageing and fiscal sustainability in Finland : a stochastic analysis," Research Discussion Papers 28/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Alho, Juha M., 1990. "Stochastic methods in population forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 521-530, December.
- Torbe M. Andersen, 2012. "Fiscal sustainability and fiscal policy targets," Economics Working Papers 2012-15, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Stock, James H & Wise, David A, 1990.
"Pensions, the Option Value of Work, and Retirement,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1151-1180, September.
- James H. Stock & David A. Wise, 1988. "Pensions, The Option Value of Work, and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 2686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Auerbach,Alan J. & Lee,Ronald D. (ed.), 2001. "Demographic Change and Fiscal Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521662444, April.
- Jukka Lassila & Tarmo Valkonen & Juha M. Alho, 2011. "Assessing the sustainability of health and long-term care financing - and the usefulness of policy guidelines based on demographic forecasts," Chapters,in: Three takes sustainability. VATT Publications 58, pages 151-175 The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Lassila, Jukka & Määttänen, Niku & Valkonen, Tarmo, . "Linking retirement age to life expectancy – what happens to working lives and income distribution?," ETLA B, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 260, ottobre.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heikki Tikanmaki & Hannu Sihvonen & Janne Salonen, 2015. "Distributional Effects of the Forthcoming Finnish Pension Reform - a Dynamic Microsimulation Approach," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 8(3), pages 75-98.
More about this item
Keywordslife expectancy; working careers; health and long-term care expenditure; fiscal sustainability;
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- H68 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Forecasts of Budgets, Deficits, and Debt
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2014-04-29 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2014-04-29 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DGE-2014-04-29 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-HEA-2014-04-29 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2014-04-29 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2014-04-29 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2014-04-29 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:wpaper:24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etlaafi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.