Currency Demand during the Global Financial Crisis: Evidence from Australia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mathias Drehmann & Charles Goodhart & Malte Krueger, 2002. "The challenges facing currency usage: will the traditional transaction medium be able to resist competition from the new technologies?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(34), pages 193-228, April.
- Judson, Ruth A. & Porter, Richard D., 2004. "Currency demand by federal reserve cash office: what do we know?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 273-285.
- Paul Bloxham & Christopher Kent & Michael Robson, 2010.
"Asset Prices, Credit Growth, Monetary and Other Policies: An Australian Case Study,"
RBA Research Discussion Papers
rdp2010-06, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Paul Bloxham & Christopher Kent & Michael Robson, 2011. "Asset Prices, Credit Growth, Monetary and Other Policies: An Australian Case Study," NBER Working Papers 16845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glenn Stevens & Susan Thorp & John Anderson, 1987. "The Australian Demand Function for Money: Another Look at Stability," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp8701, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- A.M. Cohen & W.E. Norton, 1969. "Demand Equations for Money," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Thomas A. Rohling & Mark W. Tapley, 1998. "Optimal Regulation Of Electronic Money: Lessons From The “Free Banking” Era In Australia," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 17(4), pages 7-29, December.
- Lim, Lee Kian, 1995. "Cointegration and an error correction model of money demand for Australia," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 293-297.
- Felmingham, B. & Zhang, Q., 2000. "The Long Run Demand for Broad Money in Australia Subject to Regime Shifts," Papers 2000-07, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Kent, Christopher John, 2011. "Two depressions, one banking collapse: Lessons from Australia," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 126-137, August.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Hyun Song Shin, 2009. "Reflections on Northern Rock: The Bank Run That Heralded the Global Financial Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 101-119, Winter.
- Gene Amromin & Sujit Chakravorti, 2009. "Whither Loose Change? The Diminishing Demand for Small-Denomination Currency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(2-3), pages 315-335, March.
- Felmingham, Bruce & Zhang, Qing, 2001. "The Long Run Demand For Broad Money in Australia Subject to Regime Shifts," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 146-155, June.
- Hilde Bjørnland, 2005.
"A stable demand for money despite financial crisis: the case of Venezuela,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 375-385.
- C. Bjørnland, Hilde, 2003. "A stable demand for money despite financial crisis: The case of Venezuela," Memorandum 12/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miller, Callum, 2017. "Addressing the limitations of forecasting banknote demand," International Cash Conference 2017 – War on Cash: Is there a Future for Cash? 162912, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Edward Kim & Terence Turton, 2014. "The Next Generation Banknote Project," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 1-12, March.
- Ramírez, Juan & Vásquez, José, 2014. "Circulante y PBI en el Perú," Revista Moneda, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 158, pages 11-15.
More about this item
Keywordscurrency demand; banknote demand; financial crisis;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbardp:rdp2013-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .