A Stochastic Search Algorithm for the Computation of Perfect and Proper Equilibria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1988. "A General Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Games," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582384, January.
- Bernhard von Stengel & Antoon van den Elzen & Dolf Talman, 2002.
"Computing Normal Form Perfect Equilibria for Extensive Two-Person Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 693-715, March.
- von Stengel, B. & van den Elzen, A.H. & Talman, A.J.J., 1997. "Computing normal form perfect equilibria for extensive two-person games," Research Memorandum 752, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- von Stengel, B. & van den Elzen, A.H. & Talman, A.J.J., 2002. "Computing normal form perfect equilibria for extensive two-person games," Other publications TiSEM 9f112346-b587-47f3-ad2e-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Koller, Daphne & Megiddo, Nimrod, 1996. "Finding Mixed Strategies with Small Supports in Extensive Form Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 25(1), pages 73-92.
- Peter Miltersen & Troels Sørensen, 2010. "Computing a quasi-perfect equilibrium of a two-player game," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 42(1), pages 175-192, January.
- G. van der Laan & A. J. J. Talman, 1982.
"On the Computation of Fixed Points in the Product Space of Unit Simplices and an Application to Noncooperative N Person Games,"
Mathematics of Operations Research,
INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Talman, A.J.J. & van der Laan, G., 1982. "On the computation of fixed points on the product space of unit simplices and an application to noncooperative N-person games," Other publications TiSEM ba74b902-87c8-43d5-8471-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Blume, Lawrence E & Zame, William R, 1994.
"The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 783-794, July.
- Lawrence E. Blume & William R. Zame, 1993. "The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium," Game Theory and Information 9309001, EconWPA.
- Von Stengel, Bernhard, 2002. "Computing equilibria for two-person games," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 45, pages 1723-1759 Elsevier.
- McKelvey, Richard D. & McLennan, Andrew, 1996. "Computation of equilibria in finite games," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 87-142 Elsevier.
- Koller, Daphne & Megiddo, Nimrod & von Stengel, Bernhard, 1996. "Efficient Computation of Equilibria for Extensive Two-Person Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 247-259, June.
- Talman, A.J.J. & Doup, T.M., 1987. "A continuous deformation algorithm on the product space of unit simplices," Other publications TiSEM 0f7c777f-9ae5-4218-b3bd-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsPerfect and proper equilibria; computational methods; stochastic search;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2013-06-09 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2013-06-09 (Game Theory)
- NEP-ORE-2013-06-09 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.