Equilibrium and arbitrage in incomplete asset markets with fixed prices
At arbitrary prices of commodities and assets, fix-price equilibria exist under weak assumptions: endowments need not satisfy an interiority condition, utility functions need only satisfy very weak monotonicity requirement, and the asset return matrix allows for redundant assets. Prices of assets may permit arbitrage. At equilibrium, though restricted through endogenously determined trading constraints, arbitrage possibilities may persist; in an example, an individual holds an arbitrage portfolio.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Gollier, Christian, 1993.
"Risk sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1457-1482, December.
- DREZE, Jacques & GOLLIER, Christian, . "Risk sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1073, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dreze, J. & Gollier, C., 1990. "Risk-sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities," CORE Discussion Papers 1990067, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hart, Oliver D., 1975. "On the optimality of equilibrium when the market structure is incomplete," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 418-443, December.
- Werner, Jan, 1985. "Equilibrium in economies with incomplete financial markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 110-119, June.
- Benassy Jean-pascal, 1974.
"Neokeynesian disequilibrium theory in a monetary economy,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1975. "Neo-Keynesian Disequilibrium Theory in a Monetary Economy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 503-23, October.
- Tuinstra, Jan, 2000. "The emergence of political business cycles in a two-sector general equilibrium model," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 509-534, September.
- Dreze, Jacques H, 1975.
"Existence of an Exchange Equilibrium under Price Rigidities,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(2), pages 301-20, June.
- DREZE, Jacques H., . "Existence of an exchange equilibrium under price rigidites," CORE Discussion Papers RP -225, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Herings, P Jean-Jacques, 1996.
"Equilibrium Existence Results for Economies with Price Rigidities,"
Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 63-80, January.
- P. Jean-Jacques Herings, 1995. "Equilibrium existence results for economies with price rigidities," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 63-80.
- Gottardi, Piero & Hens, Thorsten, 1996.
"The Survival Assumption and Existence of Competitive Equilibria When Asset Markets are Incomplete,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 313-323, November.
- Gottardi, P. & Hens, T., 1995. "The Survival Assumption and Existence of Competitive Equilibria When Asset Markets are Incomplete," Papers 202, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Krasa, Stefan & Werner, Jan, 1991.
"Equilibria with options: Existence and indeterminacy,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 305-320, August.
- Krasa,Stefan & Werner,Jan, 1989. "Equilibria with options: Existence and indeterminacy," Discussion Paper Serie A 230, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Polemarchakis, H. M. & Ku, Bon-Il, 1990. "Options and equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 107-112.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 1990. " General Equilibrium Theory with Imperfect Competition," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 297-328.
- Duffie, Darrell & Shafer, Wayne, 1985. "Equilibrium in incomplete markets: I : A basic model of generic existence," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 285-300, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:37:y:2002:i:2:p:133-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.