Distance Matters: The Impact of Physical and Relative Distance on Pleasure Tourists’ Length of Stay in Barbados
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ashish Arora & Andrea Fosfuri, 2000. "Wholly Owned Subsidiary Versus Technology Licensing in the Worldwide Chemical Industry," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(4), pages 555-572, December.
- repec:eee:touman:v:41:y:2014:i:c:p:158-167 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2006.
"Notes on CEPII’s distances measures,"
26469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2011. "Notes on CEPII’s distances measures: The GeoDist database," Working Papers 2011-25, CEPII research center.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:3:p:555-563 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:1:p:126-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Law & Murat Genç & John Bryant, 2013.
"Trade, Diaspora and Migration to New Zealand,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(5), pages 582-606, May.
- David Law & Murat Genc & John Bryant, 2009. "Trade, diaspora and migration to New Zealand," Trade Working Papers 23005, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Law, David & Bryant, John & Genc, Murat, 2009. "Trade, diaspora and migration to New Zealand," NZIER Working Paper 2009/4, New Zealand Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:eee:touman:v:31:y:2010:i:1:p:13-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:5:p:1230-1235 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:anture:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:9-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Finn Jørgensen & John Preston, 2007. "The Relationship Between Fare and Travel Distance," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 451-468, September.
- Haiyan Song & Peter Romilly & Xiaming Liu, 2000. "An empirical study of outbound tourism demand in the UK," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 611-624.
- John Cantwell & John H Dunning & Sarianna M Lundan, 2010. "An evolutionary approach to understanding international business activity: The co-evolution of MNEs and the institutional environment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(4), pages 567-586, May.
- Jackman M.M., 2012. "Revisiting The Tourism-Led Growth Hypothesis For Barbados: A Disaggregated Market Approach," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(2).
- Alén, Elisa & Nicolau, Juan Luis & Losada, Nieves & Domínguez, Trinidad, 2014. "Determinant factors of senior tourists’ length of stay," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 19-32.
- Changkyu Choi, 2002. "Linder hypothesis revisited," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(9), pages 601-605.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
- Taco H Reus & Bruce T Lamont, 2009. "The double-edged sword of cultural distance in international acquisitions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(8), pages 1298-1316, October.
More about this item
KeywordsLength of stay; Distance; Tourism demand; Cultural distance; Climate distance; Linder's hypothesis;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CUL-2019-10-28 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2019-10-28 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2019-10-28 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2019-10-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.