Efficacité technique des banques de la CEMAC
[Technical efficiency of the banks of the CEMAC]
In one decade, the CEMAC's countries passed from a banking crisis context to an excess systemic liquidity. In the present survey, we valued the relative levels of technical efficiency of 24 commercial banks of the CEMAC from January 2001 to December 2004 using the DEA method, and searched for the factors of the banking management susceptible to explain these evolutions. The results shows that, on average, under the hypothesis of constant scale outputs, the banks of the CEMAC only produced 36,9% of the quantity of outputs that they could have produced from their resources. While rather supposing the outputs variable, the middle level of technical efficiency settled to 0,693. Of other parts, The explanatory factors of the evolution of the technical efficiency of the banks during this period are: i) the risk of defect; ii) the importance of the Bank, identified by the proportion of the capital stocks on the assets of the banks, iii) the level of the treasury excesses, and iv) the proportion of capital stock in the total of the credits.
|Date of creation:||20 Jun 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1995. "Evaluating the efficiency of commercial banks: does our view of what banks do matter?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 39-52.
- JÃ©rÃ´me Vacher & Samer Y. Saab, 2007.
"Banking Sector Integration and Competition in CEMAC,"
IMF Working Papers
- Saab, Samer & Vacher, Jerome, 2007. "Banking Sector Integration and Competition in CEMAC," MPRA Paper 2011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.