Structural Effects of a Real Exchange Rate Revaluation in China: A CGE Assessment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dirk Willenbockel, "undated". "Structural Effects of a Real Exchange Rate Revaluation in China: a CGE Assessment," EcoMod2006 272100102, EcoMod.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Funke & Jörg Rahn, 2005.
"Just How Undervalued is the Chinese Renminbi?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 465-489, April.
- Funke, Michael & Rahn, Jörg, 2004. "Just how undervalued is the Chinese renminbi," BOFIT Discussion Papers 14/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael Funke & Jörg Rahn, 2005. "Just how Undervalued is the Chinese Renminbi," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20504, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Morris Goldstein, 2004. "Adjusting China's Exchange Rate Policies," Working Paper Series WP04-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- John Gilbert & Thomas Wahl, 2002. "Applied General Equilibrium Assessments of Trade Libereralisation in China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 697-731, May.
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter M. Garber, 2005. "An essay on the revived Bretton Woods system," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Feb.
- Sun, Huayu & Ma, Yue, 2005. "Policy strategies to deal with revaluation pressures on the renminbi," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 103-117.
- Zhang, Zhichao, 2001. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignment in China: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 80-94, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2006.
"Rebalancing Growth in China: A Three-Handed Approach,"
China & World Economy,
Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 14(4), pages 1-20.
- Blanchard, Olivier J & Giavazzi, Francesco, 2006. "Rebalancing Growth in China: A Three-Handed Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 5403, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tung, Chen-Yuan & Baker, Sam, 2004. "RMB revaluation will serve China's self-interest," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 331-335.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 2005. "A look at China's new exchange rate regime," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue sep9.
- Zhang, Fan & Pan, Zuohong, 2004. "Determination of China's long-run nominal exchange rate and official intervention," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 360-365.
- Michael Dooley & Peter Garber, 2005. "Is It 1958 or 1968? Three Notes on the Longevity of the Revived Bretton Woods System," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 36(1), pages 147-210.
- Chang, Gene Hsin & Shao, Qin, 2004. "How much is the Chinese currency undervalued? A quantitative estimation," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 366-371.
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2004. "Specification choice and robustness in CGE trade policy analysis with imperfect competition," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1065-1099, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhong, Shuai & Okiyama, Mitsuru & Tokunaga, Suminori, 2015. "Impacts of Water Management System on Agricultural Production and Household Welfare within Urbanization of China: a Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Japanese Journal of Rural Economics, Agricultural Economics Society of Japan (AESJ), vol. 17.
- Meng, Sam, 2015. "Modeling the impact of exchange rates using a multicurrency framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 223-231.
- He, Y.X. & Zhang, S.L. & Yang, L.Y. & Wang, Y.J. & Wang, J., 2010. "Economic analysis of coal price-electricity price adjustment in China based on the CGE model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6629-6637, November.
- Debowicz, Dario & Saeed, Wajiha, 2014. "Exchange rate misalignment in Pakistan and its general equilibrium distributional implications:," PSSP working papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bliss, Christopher, 2007. "Trade, Growth, and Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199204649.
- Tang, Bo, 2015.
"Real exchange rate and economic growth in China: A cointegrated VAR approach,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 293-310.
- Tang, Bo, 2014. "Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth in China: A Cointegrated VAR Approach," MPRA Paper 66087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Darío Debowicz & Wajiha Saeed, 2014. "Exchange rate misalignment and economic development: the case of Pakistan," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 21014, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- John Whalley & Li Wang, 2007. "Evaluating the Impure Chinese VAT Relative to a Pure Form in a Simple Monetary Trade Model with an Endogenous Trade Surplus," NBER Working Papers 13581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yang, Jun & Zhang, Wei & Tokgoz, Simla, 2012. "The Macroeconomic Impacts Of Chinese Currency Appreciation On China And The Rest Of The World: A Global Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125010, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dong Yan & Whalley John, 2011.
"Model Structure and the Combined Welfare and Trade Effects of China's Trade Related Policies,"
Global Economy Journal,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(4), pages 1-21, January.
- Yan Dong & John Whalley, 2009. "Model Structure and the Combined Welfare and Trade Effects of China's Trade Related Policies," NBER Working Papers 15363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yan Shi & Shumiao Jin & Klaus Seeland, 2015. "Modeling business interruption impacts due to disrupted highway network of Shifang by the Wenchuan earthquake," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 75(2), pages 1731-1745, January.
- Whalley, John & Wang, Li, 2011.
"The impacts of Renminbi appreciation on trade flows and reserve accumulation in a monetary trade model,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 614-621, January.
- Whalley, John & Wang, Li, 2011. "The impacts of Renminbi appreciation on trade flows and reserve accumulation in a monetary trade model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 614-621.
- Li Wang & John Whalley, 2007. "The Impacts of Renminbi Appreciation on Trades Flows and Reserve Accumulation in a Monetary Trade Model," NBER Working Papers 13586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yongxiu He & Yangyang Liu & Tian Xia & Min Du & Hongzhen Guo, 2014. "The Optimal Price Ratio of Typical Energy Sources in Beijing Based on the Computable General Equilibrium Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-24, April.
- He, Y.X. & Yang, L.F. & He, H.Y. & Luo, T. & Wang, Y.J., 2011. "Electricity demand price elasticity in China based on computable general equilibrium model analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1115-1123.
- He, Yongxiu & Liu, Yangyang & Wang, Jianhui & Xia, Tian & Zhao, Yushan, 2014. "Low-carbon-oriented dynamic optimization of residential energy pricing in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 610-623.
- Yang, Jun & Zhang, Wei & Tokgoz, Simla, 2013. "Macroeconomic impacts of Chinese currency appreciation on China and the Rest of World: A global CGE analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1029-1042.
More about this item
KeywordsRenminbi undervaluation; real exchange rate misalignment; applied general equilibrium analysis;
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-12-04 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2006-12-04 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-CNA-2006-12-04 (China)
- NEP-IFN-2006-12-04 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2006-12-04 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2006-12-04 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .