Impacts of Water Management System on Agricultural Production and Household Welfare within Urbanization of China: a Computable General Equilibrium Analysis
This paper simulates urbanization under two different water management systems: i) the water parallel pricing system and ii) the water pricing system. The purpose is to discover which water management system is better for agricultural production and household welfare. The main conclusion is that the water pricing system is better than the water parallel system because it will increase the welfare, income and consumption of both urban and rural households. However, under the water pricing system, more water will be reallocated from agricultural sectors to the industrial and service sectors, especially to households; therefore, agricultural outputs will suffer greater losses.
Volume (Year): 17 (2015)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.aesjapan.or.jp/public_e/public_c_e/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Willenbockel, "undated".
"Structural Effects of a Real Exchange Rate Revaluation in China: a CGE Assessment,"
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2006. "Structural Effects of a Real Exchange Rate Revaluation in China: A CGE Assessment," MPRA Paper 920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Denis Nitikin & Chunli Shen & Qian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2012. "Water Service Delivery Reform in China: Safeguarding the Interests of the Poor," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(2), pages 463-487, November.
- Denis Nitikin & Chunli Shen & Qian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2011. "Water Service Delivery Reform in China: Safeguarding the Interests of the Poor," CEMA Working Papers 430, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S.J., 2011. "The GTAP-W model: Accounting for water use in agriculture," Kiel Working Papers 1745, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jpjjre:242117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.