Structural Effects of a Real Exchange Rate Revaluation in China: a CGE Assessment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2006. "Structural Effects of a Real Exchange Rate Revaluation in China: A CGE Assessment," MPRA Paper 920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morris Goldstein, 2004. "Adjusting China's Exchange Rate Policies," Working Paper Series WP04-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter M. Garber, 2005. "An essay on the revived Bretton Woods system," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Feb.
- Michael Funke & Jörg Rahn, 2005.
"Just How Undervalued is the Chinese Renminbi?,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 465-489, April.
- Funke, Michael & Rahn, Jörg, 2004. "Just how undervalued is the Chinese renminbi," BOFIT Discussion Papers 14/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael Funke & Jörg Rahn, 2005. "Just how Undervalued is the Chinese Renminbi," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20504, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Sun, Huayu & Ma, Yue, 2005. "Policy strategies to deal with revaluation pressures on the renminbi," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 103-117.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2006.
"Rebalancing Growth in China: A Three‐Handed Approach,"
China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 14(4), pages 1-20, August.
- Blanchard, Olivier J & Giavazzi, Francesco, 2006. "Rebalancing Growth in China: A Three-Handed Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 5403, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Dooley & Peter Garber, 2005. "Is It 1958 or 1968? Three Notes on the Longevity of the Revived Bretton Woods System," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 36(1), pages 147-210.
- Chang, Gene Hsin & Shao, Qin, 2004. "How much is the Chinese currency undervalued? A quantitative estimation," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 366-371.
- John Gilbert & Thomas Wahl, 2002. "Applied General Equilibrium Assessments of Trade Libereralisation in China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 697-731, May.
- Zhang, Zhichao, 2001. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignment in China: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 80-94, March.
- Tung, Chen-Yuan & Baker, Sam, 2004. "RMB revaluation will serve China's self-interest," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 331-335.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 2005. "A look at China's new exchange rate regime," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue sep9.
- Zhang, Fan & Pan, Zuohong, 2004. "Determination of China's long-run nominal exchange rate and official intervention," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 360-365.
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2004. "Specification choice and robustness in CGE trade policy analysis with imperfect competition," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1065-1099, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhong, Shuai & Okiyama, Mitsuru & Tokunaga, Suminori, 2015. "Impacts of Water Management System on Agricultural Production and Household Welfare within Urbanization of China: a Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Japanese Journal of Agricultural Economics (formerly Japanese Journal of Rural Economics), Agricultural Economics Society of Japan (AESJ), vol. 17, pages 1-6.
- John Whalley & Li Wang, 2007. "Evaluating the Impure Chinese VAT Relative to a Pure Form in a Simple Monetary Trade Model with an Endogenous Trade Surplus," NBER Working Papers 13581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meng, Sam, 2015. "Modeling the impact of exchange rates using a multicurrency framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 223-231.
- Yang, Jun & Zhang, Wei & Tokgoz, Simla, 2012.
"The macroeconomic impacts of Chinese currency appreciation on China and the rest of world : A global computable general equilibrium analysis,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1178, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yang, Jun & Zhang, Wei & Tokgoz, Simla, 2012. "The Macroeconomic Impacts Of Chinese Currency Appreciation On China And The Rest Of The World: A Global Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125010, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- He, Y.X. & Zhang, S.L. & Yang, L.Y. & Wang, Y.J. & Wang, J., 2010. "Economic analysis of coal price-electricity price adjustment in China based on the CGE model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6629-6637, November.
- Debowicz, Dario & Saeed, Wajiha, 2014. "Exchange rate misalignment in Pakistan and its general equilibrium distributional implications:," PSSP working papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bliss, Christopher, 2007. "Trade, Growth, and Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199204649.
- Dong, Baomin & Ma, Xili & Wang, Ningjing & Wei, Weixian, 2020. "Impacts of exchange rate volatility and international oil price shock on China's regional economy: A dynamic CGE analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C).
- Dong Yan & Whalley John, 2011.
"Model Structure and the Combined Welfare and Trade Effects of China's Trade Related Policies,"
Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(4), pages 1-21, January.
- Yan Dong & John Whalley, 2009. "Model Structure and the Combined Welfare and Trade Effects of China's Trade Related Policies," NBER Working Papers 15363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tang, Bo, 2015.
"Real exchange rate and economic growth in China: A cointegrated VAR approach,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 293-310.
- Tang, Bo, 2014. "Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth in China: A Cointegrated VAR Approach," MPRA Paper 66087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yan Shi & Shumiao Jin & Klaus Seeland, 2015. "Modeling business interruption impacts due to disrupted highway network of Shifang by the Wenchuan earthquake," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 75(2), pages 1731-1745, January.
- Whalley, John & Wang, Li, 2011.
"The impacts of Renminbi appreciation on trade flows and reserve accumulation in a monetary trade model,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 614-621, January.
- Whalley, John & Wang, Li, 2011. "The impacts of Renminbi appreciation on trade flows and reserve accumulation in a monetary trade model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 614-621.
- Li Wang & John Whalley, 2007. "The Impacts of Renminbi Appreciation on Trades Flows and Reserve Accumulation in a Monetary Trade Model," NBER Working Papers 13586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darío Debowicz & Wajiha Saeed, 2014. "Exchange rate misalignment and economic development: the case of Pakistan," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 21014, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Hakeem Eltalla, 2013. "Devaluation and Output Growth in Palestine: Evidence from a CGE model," European Journal of Business and Economics, Central Bohemia University, vol. 8(4), pages 4221:8-4221, May.
- Yongxiu He & Yangyang Liu & Tian Xia & Min Du & Hongzhen Guo, 2014. "The Optimal Price Ratio of Typical Energy Sources in Beijing Based on the Computable General Equilibrium Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-24, April.
- He, Y.X. & Yang, L.F. & He, H.Y. & Luo, T. & Wang, Y.J., 2011. "Electricity demand price elasticity in China based on computable general equilibrium model analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1115-1123.
- He, Yongxiu & Liu, Yangyang & Wang, Jianhui & Xia, Tian & Zhao, Yushan, 2014. "Low-carbon-oriented dynamic optimization of residential energy pricing in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 610-623.
- Yang, Jun & Zhang, Wei & Tokgoz, Simla, 2013. "Macroeconomic impacts of Chinese currency appreciation on China and the Rest of World: A global CGE analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1029-1042.
More about this item
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ekd:002721:272100102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theresa Leary). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecomoea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.