Multiple Long-Run Equilibria in a Free-Entry Mixed Oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:123:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0559-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Carlos Bárcena-Ruiz & María Begoña Garzón, 2005. "International Trade and Strategic Privatization," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 502-513, November.
- Ming Lin & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2012. "Presence of foreign investors in privatized firms and privatization policy," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 71-80, September.
- Susumu Cato & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2012. "Long-Run Effects of Foreign Penetration on Privatization Policies," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 168(3), pages 444-454, September.
- Stefano Colombo, 2016. "Mixed oligopolies and collusion," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 167-184, June.
- Ishida, Junichiro & Matsushima, Noriaki, 2009.
"Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 634-646, April.
- Junichiro Ishida & Noriaki Matsushima, 2006. "Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach," Discussion Papers 2006-07, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Junichiro Ishida & Noriaki Matsushima, 2008. "Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach," Discussion Papers 2008-49, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Przemyslaw Kowalski & Max Büge & Monika Sztajerowska & Matias Egeland, 2013. "State-Owned Enterprises: Trade Effects and Policy Implications," OECD Trade Policy Papers 147, OECD Publishing.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Makoto Okamura, 2015. "Competition and privatization policies revisited: the payoff interdependence approach," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 137-150, October.
- Kenneth Fjell & Debashis Pal, 1996. "A Mixed Oligopoly in the Presence of Foreign Private Firms," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 737-743, August.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:120:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00712-016-0502-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Susumu Cato & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2013. "Long-Run Effects of Tax Policies in a Mixed Market," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 69(2), pages 215-240, June.
- Susumu Cato & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2015. "Optimal Privatisation and Trade Policies with Endogenous Market Structure," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 91(294), pages 309-323, September.
- Sato, Susumu & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2017. "Dynamic privatization policy," MPRA Paper 79849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kenji Fujiwara, 2007. "Partial Privatization in a Differentiated Mixed Oligopoly," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 92(1), pages 51-65, September.
- Carlo Capuano & Giuseppe De Feo, 2010. "Privatization in Oligopoly: the Impact of the Shadow Cost of Public Funds," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 175-208.
- Arigit Mukherjee & Laixun Zhao, 2009. "PROFIT RAISING ENTRY -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(4), pages 870-870, December.
- White, Mark D., 1996. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 189-195, November.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1988. "Helping Minor Firms Reduces Welfare," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1199-1202, December.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1998. "Partial privatization in mixed duopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 473-483, December.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Osamu Kanda, 2005. "Mixed Oligopoly at Free Entry Markets," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 27-48, February.
- Junichiro Ishida & Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2011.
"Market Competition, R&D And Firm Profits In Asymmetric Oligopoly,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 484-505, September.
- Junichiro Ishida & Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2010. "Market Competition, R&D and Firm Profits in Asymmetric Oligopoly," ISER Discussion Paper 0777, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Sunada, Takeaki, 2013. "Advertising competition in a mixed oligopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 183-185.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2004. "Endogenous Cost Differentials between Public and Private Enterprises: A Mixed Duopoly Approach," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(284), pages 671-688, November.
- Yongmin Chen & Michael H. Riordan, 2007. "Price and Variety in the Spokes Model," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 897-921, July.
- Pal, Debashis, 1998. "Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 181-185, November.
- Debashis Pal & Mark D. White, 1998. "Mixed Oligopoly, Privatization, and Strategic Trade Policy," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 264-281, October.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Akira Ogawa, 2010. "On The Robustness Of Private Leadership In Mixed Duopoly," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 149-160, June.
- Barcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Begona Garzon, Maria, 2005. "Economic integration and privatisation under diseconomies of scale," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 247-267, March.
More about this item
Keywordsentry-then-privatization; constant marginal costs; profit-enhancing entry; two polar equilibrium privatization policies;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- H44 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Goods: Mixed Markets
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2018-06-25 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GTH-2018-06-25 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2018-06-25 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:86704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.