Determinants of Changing Informal Employment in Brazil, 2000–2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Fairris & Gurleen Popli & Eduardo Zepeda, 2008. "Minimum Wages and the Wage Structure in Mexico," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 66(2), pages 181-208.
- Francisco Carneiro, 2004. "Are Minimum Wages to Blame for Informality in the Labour Market?," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 295-306, December.
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2012.
"Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 64-89, July.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Carneiro, Pedro, 2011. "Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality," IZA Discussion Papers 5902, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2011. "Enforcement of labor regulation and informality," CeMMAP working papers CWP29/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Corseuil, Carlos Henrique L. & Foguel, Miguel Nathan, 2012. "Economic expansion and increase in labout market formality: A poaching approach," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 66(2), June.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Almeida, Rita & Carneiro, Pedro, 2009.
"Enforcement of labor regulation and firm size,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, pages 28-46.
- Almeida, Rita & Carneiro, Pedro, 2008. "Enforcement of labor regulation and firm size," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 43675, The World Bank.
- Anjali Kumar & Manuela Francisco, 2005. "Enterprise Size, Financing Patterns, and Credit Constraints in Brazil : Analysis of Data from the Investment Climate Assessment Survey," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7330.
- Ana Carla A. Costa & João M. P. De Mello, 2008.
"Judicial Risk and Credit Market Performance: Micro Evidence from Brazilian Payroll Loans,"
NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 155-184
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana Carla A. Costa & Joao M.P. De Mello, 2006. "Judicial Risk and Credit Market Performance: Micro Evidence from Brazilian Payroll Loans," NBER Working Papers 12252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lemos, Sara, 2009. "Minimum wage effects in a developing country," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 224-237, April.
- Straub, Stéphane, 2005. "Informal sector: The credit market channel," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 299-321, December.
- Amadeo, Edward Joaquim & Gill, Indermit S. & Neri, Marcelo Cortes, 2000. "Brazil: the pressure points in labor legislation," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 395, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Ulyssea, Gabriel, 2010. "Regulation of entry, labor market institutions and the informal sector," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 87-99, January.
- Paz, Lourenco, 2012.
"The effect of trade liberalization on payroll tax evasion and labor informality,"
39545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paz, Lourenco, 2012. "The impacts of trade liberalization on informal labor markets: an evaluation of the Brazilian case," MPRA Paper 38858, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leopoldo Tornarolli & Diego Battistón & Leonardo Gasparini & Pablo Gluzmann, 2014. "Exploring Trends in Labor Informality in Latin America, 1990-2010," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0159, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Rafael Perez Ribas & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2007. "Evaluating the Impact of Brazil?s Bolsa Família: Cash Transfer Programmes in Comparative Perspective," Publications 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Henley, Andrew & Arabsheibani, G. Reza & Carneiro, Francisco G., 2009. "On Defining and Measuring the Informal Sector: Evidence from Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 992-1003, May.
- Berg, Janine, 2010. "Laws or luck? Understanding rising formality in Brazil in the 2000s," MPRA Paper 43608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo E. Perry & William F. Maloney & Omar S. Arias & Pablo Fajnzylber & Andrew D. Mason & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduvi, 2007. "Informality : Exit and Exclusion," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6730.
More about this item
KeywordsBrazil; informal employment; labor law enforcement; Bolsa Familia;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J46 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Informal Labor Market
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-06-04 (Development)
- NEP-IUE-2016-06-04 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2016-06-04 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:71475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .