Have banks filled the gap? Credit as a mechanism of corporate governance in a transition country: example of Poland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven N. Kaplan & Luigi Zingales, 1995. "Do Financing Constraints Explain Why Investment is Correlated with Cash Flow?," NBER Working Papers 5267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1988. " Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 567-591, July.
- Klapper, Leora F. & Love, Inessa, 2004.
"Corporate governance, investor protection, and performance in emerging markets,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 703-728, November.
- Klapper, Leora F. & Love, Inessa, 2002. "Corporate governance, investor protection, and performance in emerging markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2818, The World Bank.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1990. "A Theory of Predation Based on Agency Problems in Financial Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 93-106, March.
- Christian Weller, 2001.
"The Finance-Investment Link in a Transition Economy: Evidence For Poland From Panel Data,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 43(1), pages 31-52, April.
- Weller, Christian E., 1999. "The finance-investment link in a transition economy: Evidence for Poland from panel data," ZEI Working Papers B 04-1999, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Kim, Kevin Y. & Park, Kwangwoo & Ratti, Ronald A. & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2004.
"Do Main Banks Extract Rents from Their Client Firms? Evidence from Korean Chaebol,"
Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics,
Hitotsubashi University, vol. 45(1), pages 15-45, June.
- Kim, Yitae & Park, Kwangwoo & Ratti, Ronald & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2002. "Do Main Banks Extract Rents from their Client Firms? Evidence from Korean Chaebol," CEI Working Paper Series 2002-9, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ferri, Giovanni & Tae Soo Kang & In-June Kim, 2001. "The value of relationship banking during financial crises : evidence from the Republic of Korea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2553, The World Bank.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 2003.
"Banks and Markets: the Changing Character of European Finance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3865, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Zingales & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2003. "Banks and Markets: The Changing Character of European Finance," NBER Working Papers 9595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick M. McGuire, 2003.
"Bank ties and bond market access : evidence on investment-cash flow sensitivity in Japan,"
859, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Patrick M. McGuire, 2004. "Bank ties and bond market access: evidence on investment-cash flow sensitivity in Japan," BIS Working Papers 151, Bank for International Settlements.
- Patrick McGuire, 2003. "Bank Ties and Bond Market Access: Evidence on Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivity in Japan," NBER Working Papers 9644, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 1998. "Universal Banking "American-Style"," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 154(1), pages 1-44, March.
- Cable, John R, 1985. "Capital Market Information and Industrial Performance: The Role of West German Banks," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 118-132, March.
- Fohlin, Caroline, 1996. "Relationship Banking, Liquidity, and Investment in the German Industrialization," Working Papers 913, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994.
"A Theory of Debt and Equity: Diversity of Securities and Manager-Shareholder Congruence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 1027-1054.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "A theory of debt and equity: diversity of securities and manager-shareholder congruence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9593, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Konings, Jozef & Rizov, Marian & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 2003. "Investment and financial constraints in transition economies: micro evidence from Poland, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Romania," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 253-258, February.
- Gray, Cheryl W. & Holle, Arnold, 1996. "Bank-led restructuring in Poland : an empirical look at the bank conciliation process," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1650, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate control and governance; firm financing; relationship banking; emerging markets;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .