Do Main Banks Extract Rents from Their Client Firms? Evidence from Korean Chaebol
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kim, Yitae & Park, Kwangwoo & Ratti, Ronald & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2002. "Do Main Banks Extract Rents from their Client Firms? Evidence from Korean Chaebol," CEI Working Paper Series 2002-9, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilchrist, Simon & Himmelberg, Charles P., 1995.
"Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 541-572, December.
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1993. "Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-7, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1995. "Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment," Working Papers 95-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gilchrist, S. & Himmelberg, C.P., 1995. "Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment," Papers 95-29, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Elsas, Ralf & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 1998.
"Is relationship lending special? Evidence from credit-file data in Germany,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1283-1316, October.
- Elsas, Ralf & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 1998. "Is relationship lending special? Evidence from credit-file data in Germany," CFS Working Paper Series 1998/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Kim, Kenneth A. & Kitsabunnarat, Pattanaporn, 2003. "The costs (and benefits?) of diversified business groups: The case of Korean chaebols," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 251-273, February.
- Joon-Ho Hahm & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000. "Causes of the Korean Financial Crisis: Lessons for Policy," NBER Working Papers 7483, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jarrad Harford, 1999. "Corporate Cash Reserves and Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 1969-1997, December.
- Ramon Moreno, 1998. "What caused East Asia's financial crisis?," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue aug7.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agnieszka Slomka-Golebiowska, 2014. "Bankers on boards as corporate governance mechanism: evidence from Poland," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(4), pages 1019-1040, November.
- Yong-Seok Choi & Insik Min, 2015. "Cash Holdings With The Precautionary Motive Among Korean Chaebol And Non-Chaebol Firms: A Quantile Regression Approach," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 60(05), pages 1-22, December.
- Slomka, Agnieszka, 2005. "Have banks filled the gap? Credit as a mechanism of corporate governance in a transition country: example of Poland," MPRA Paper 642, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Sangwoo & Park, Kwangwoo & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2009. "Disappearing internal capital markets: Evidence from diversified business groups in Korea," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 326-334, February.
- Lee, Sangwoo & Park, Kwangwoo & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2005. "The Very Dark Side of Internal Capital Markets: Evidence from Diversified Business Groups in Korea," CEI Working Paper Series 2005-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hitjec:v:45:y:2004:i:1:p:15-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fehitjp.html .