الارتباط الحركي بين الاستثمار في مؤسسات القطاع الحكومي والاستثمار الخاص عبر نموذج التقهقر الذاتي البنيوي: حالة الاقتصاد السعودي
[The Dynamic Relationship between the Investment in Public and Private Sectors Using an SVAR Model: Case of Saudi Arabia]
The purpose of this paper is to analyze the relationship between investment in public sector institutions and private investment in the Saudi economy by using Structural VAR model for testing the dynamic crowding-out effect during the last four decades. Three fundamental variables are mobilized: the GDP, public investment and private investment. The linear relationship between structural shocks, which have an economic and financial interpretation, and the reduced random residuals has been established to evaluate the dynamic impacts. The findings show that the investment of the public sector institutions has an impact on the investment of private sector, and that the impulse response functions to the supply and demand shocks indicate that the crowding-out effect is verified in the short and long run.
|Date of creation:||2010/06|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences 1.26(2010): pp. 1-26|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erdal Atukeren, 2005.
"Interactions Between Public and Private Investment: Evidence from Developing Countries,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 307-330, 07.
- Erdal ATUKEREN, . "Interactions Between Public and Private Investment: Evidence from Developing Countries," EcoMod2004 330600011, EcoMod.
- António Afonso & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2008.
"The Macroeconomic Effects of Fiscal Policy,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
2008/56, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1977. "`Crowding out' and the effectiveness of fiscal policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 309-328, June.
- Erenburg, S. J. & Wohar, Mark E., 1995. "Public and private investment: Are there causal linkages?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-30.
- Afonso, António & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2008.
"Macroeconomic rates of return of public and private investment: crowding-in and crowding-out effects,"
Working Paper Series
0864, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2009. "Macroeconomic Rates Of Return Of Public And Private Investment: Crowding-In And Crowding-Out Effects," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(s1), pages 21-39, 09.
- Antonio Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, . "Macroeconomic Rates of Return of Public and Private Investment: Crowding-in and Crowding-out Effects," EcoMod2007 23900000, EcoMod.
- António Afonso & Miguel St.Aubyn, 2008. "Macroeconomic Rates of Return of Public and Private Investment: Crowding-in and Crowding-out Effects," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/06, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Olivier Blanchard & Roberto Perotti, 1999.
"An Empirical Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Changes in Government Spending and Taxes on Output,"
NBER Working Papers
7269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard & Roberto Perotti, 2002. "An Empirical Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Changes in Government Spending and Taxes on Output," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1329-1368.
- Pritha Mitra, 2006. "Has Government Investment Crowded Out Private Investment in India?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 337-341, May.
- Voss, Graham M., 2002. "Public and private investment in the United States and Canada," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 641-664, August.
- Lekha Chakraborty, 2007. "Fiscal Deficit, Capital Formation, and Crowding Out in India: Evidence from an Asymmetric VAR Model," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_518, Levy Economics Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:54398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.