Corruption, Inequality of Income and economic Growth in Nigeria
The paper examines empirically, the effects of corruption on inequality of income and economic growth. Firstly, the long run structural relationship is examined through the technique of Autoregressive distributed lag model (ARDL). Secondly, the causality relationship is measured empirical results suggest a long run relationship between corruption, inequality of income and economic growth in the Nigeria. Emphasizing on the channels of influence of growth, the finding, in the dynamic corruption equation indicates that the coefficient of the economic growth is significantly negative. This implies that despite much rhetoric to the contrary fighting corruption in Nigeria requires resources. More so, the finding suggests inequality of income directly impact on economic growth. This implies that economic growth rises with inequality of income. The policy implication is that Nigeria economic growth problems are structural as such fighting corruption require huge economic resources.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1999. "Governance matters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2196, The World Bank.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Hamid Davoodi & Rosa Alonso-Terme, 2002. "Does corruption affect income inequality and poverty?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 23-45, 03.
- Enders, Walter & Granger, Clive W J, 1998.
"Unit-Root Tests and Asymmetric Adjustment with an Example Using the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 16(3), pages 304-311, July.
- Enders, Walter & Granger, C. W. J., 1998. "Unit Root Tests and Asymmetric Adjustment with an Example Using the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1388, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Enders/Granger JBES(1998)on threshold unit roots," Statistical Software Components RTZ00054, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:52348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.