Эффект Веблена, Предельная Полезность Денег И Денежная Иллюзия
[Veblen effect, marginal utility of money, and money illusion]
The paper discovers microeconomic mechanism of Veblen effect as well as of Giffen case as results of the negative marginal utility of money. The marginal utility of consumption also becomes negative. The total consumption-leisure utility is increased due to the increase in leisure time. This overall effect results in the phenomenon of money illusion on the macroeconomic level. This general effect has deep historical and institutional grounds and, in order to minimize its disequilibrium economic consequences it needs more specific institutional regulation.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Omer Moav and & Zvika Neeman, 2012. "Saving Rates and Poverty: The Role of Conspicuous Consumption and Human Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(563), pages 933-956, 09.
- Brock, William A., 1975. "A simple perfect foresight monetary model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 133-150, April.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1982.
"Self-selection and Pareto efficient taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 213-240, March.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:112:y:1997:i:2:p:341-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado, 2006.
"Envy, Leisure, And Restrictions On Working Hours,"
Departmental Working Papers
2006-01, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Richard Layard & Guy Mayraz & Stephen Nickell, 2007.
"The Marginal Utility of Income,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0784, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Richard Layard & Guy Mayraz & Stephen J Nickell, 2007. "The marginal utility of income," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19745, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Layard & Guy Mayraz & Stephen J. Nickell, 2007. "The Marginal Utility of Income," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 50, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Geeta G. Kingdon & John B. Knight, 1999.
"Unemployment and wages in South Africa: A spatial approach,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1999-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Geeta Kingdon & John Knight, 1999. "Unemployment and wages in South Africa: a spatial approach," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1999-12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Sergey MALAKHOV, 2013.
"Money Flexibility And Optimal Consumption-Leisure Choice Under Price Dispersion,"
Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 77-88, July.
- Malakhov, Sergey, 2013. "Money flexibility and optimal consumption-leisure choice under price dispersion," MPRA Paper 45197, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:122:y:2007:i:3:p:969-1006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stiglitz, J E, 1979. "Equilibrium in Product Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 339-45, May.
- Blaug,Mark, 1997. "Economic Theory in Retrospect," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521577014.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.