Money flexibility, price elasticity, and elasticity of marginal utility of consumption
The development of G.Stigler’s original model of search describes the mathematical relationship between the elasticity of the marginal utility of consumption, the price elasticity, and the elasticity of the marginal utility of money income with respect to increase in the price of living and/or to inflation. This relationship can be used not only in economics of well-being but also in microeconomics where the increase in the price of living, i.e., in purchase price, can make consumption “bad” under the Veblen effect.
|Date of creation:||13 May 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Layard, R. & Mayraz, G. & Nickell, S., 2008.
"The marginal utility of income,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(8-9), pages 1846-1857, August.
- Richard Layard & Guy Mayraz & Stephen J Nickell, 2007. "The marginal utility of income," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19745, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Layard & Guy Mayraz & Stephen Nickell, 2007. "The Marginal Utility of Income," CEP Discussion Papers dp0784, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Richard Layard & Guy Mayraz & Stephen J. Nickell, 2007. "The Marginal Utility of Income," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 50, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Sergey Malakhov, 2014. "Satisficing Decision Procedure and Optimal Consumption-Leisure Choice," International Journal of Social Science Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 2(2), pages 138-151, September.
- Malakhov, Sergey, 2012. "Satisficing decision procedure and optimal consumption-leisure choice," MPRA Paper 38964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergey MALAKHOV, 2013. "Money Flexibility And Optimal Consumption-Leisure Choice Under Price Dispersion," Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 77-88, July.
- Malakhov, Sergey, 2013. "Money flexibility and optimal consumption-leisure choice under price dispersion," MPRA Paper 45197, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan Schumacher & Wolfgang Buchholz, 2008. "Discounting and Welfare Analysis Over Time: Choosing the ç," CESifo Working Paper Series 2230, CESifo Group Munich.
- Buchholz, Wolfgang & Schumacher, Jan, 2010. "Discounting and welfare analysis over time: Choosing the [eta]," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 372-385, September.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2007. "A Review of the Stern Review on the Economics of Climate Change," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 703-724, September.
- Amiel, Yoram & Creedy, John & Hurn, Stan, 1999. " Measuring Attitudes towards Inequality," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 101(1), pages 83-96, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55928. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.