The Stability of Sustainable Development Path and Institutions: Evidence from Genuine Savings Indicators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mirman, Leonard J, 1971. "Uncertainty and Optimal Consumption Decisions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 179-185, January.
- Kenneth Arrow & Partha Dasgupta & Karl-Göran Mäler, 2003.
"Evaluating Projects and Assessing Sustainable Development in Imperfect Economies,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(4), pages 647-685, December.
- Kenneth Arrow & Partha Dasgupta & Karl-Göran Mäler, 2003. "Evaluating Projects and Assessing Sustainable Development in Imperfect Economies," Working Papers 2003.109, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hamilton, Kirk & Clemens, Michael, 1999. "Genuine Savings Rates in Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 333-356, May.
- Masayuki Sato & Sovannroeun Samreth & Katsunori Yamada, 2012.
"A numerical study on assessing sustainable development with future genuine savings simulation,"
International Journal of Sustainable Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(4), pages 293-312.
- Masayuki Sato & Sovannroeun Samreth & Katsunori Yamada & Fumio Sensui, 2008. "A Numerical Study on Assessing Sustainable Development with Future Genuine Savings Simulation," ISER Discussion Paper 0728rr, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Apr 2011.
- Kenneth Arrow & Partha Dasgupta & Lawrence Goulder & Gretchen Daily & Paul Ehrlich & Geoffrey Heal & Simon Levin & Karl-Göran Mäler & Stephen Schneider & David Starrett & Brian Walker, 2004. "Are We Consuming Too Much?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 147-172, Summer.
- Ramey, Garey & Ramey, Valerie A, 1995.
"Cross-Country Evidence on the Link between Volatility and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1138-1151, December.
- Garey Ramey & Valerie A. Ramey, 1994. "Cross-Country Evidence on the Link Between Volatility and Growth," NBER Working Papers 4959, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dietz, Simon & Neumayer, Eric & De Soysa, Indra, 2007.
"Corruption, the resource curse and genuine saving,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 33-53, February.
- Simon Dietz & Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2004. "Corruption, the Resource Curse and Genuine Saving," Development and Comp Systems 0405010, EconWPA, revised 01 Aug 2005.
- Dietz, Simon & Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra, 2007. "Corruption, the resource curse and genuine saving," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 973, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Simon Dietz & Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2004. "Corruption, the Resource Curse and Genuine Saving," Development and Comp Systems 0405012, EconWPA.
- Yang, Benhua, 2008. "Does democracy lower growth volatility? A dynamic panel analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 562-574, March.
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten, 2007.
"Political risk, institutions and foreign direct investment,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 397-415, June.
- Hefeker, Carsten & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment," HWWA Discussion Papers 315, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Cyclical Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(1), pages 85-106.
- Lee, Jim, 2010. "The link between output growth and volatility: Evidence from a GARCH model with panel data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 143-145, February.
- Frederick van der Ploeg & Steven Poelhekke, 2009. "Volatility and the natural resource curse," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 727-760, October.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 2004. "Human Well-Being and the Natural Environment," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199267194.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Pearce, David W. & Atkinson, Giles D., 1993. "Capital theory and the measurement of sustainable development: an indicator of "weak" sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 103-108, October.
- Frederick Ploeg, 2011. "Rapacious Resource Depletion, Excessive Investment and Insecure Property Rights: A Puzzle," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 105-128, January.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Natalia Zugravu-Soilita & Vincent Geronimi & Christine Le Gargasson & Jessy Tsang King Sang, 2017. "Towards a less vulnerable and more sustainable development: heritage tourism in island economies," Working Papers 2017.11, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsSustainable Development; Genuine Savings; Volatility; Institutions;
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48983. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.