Old-Age Pension Reform and Modernization Pathways: Lessons for China from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Indermit S. Gill & Truman G. Packard & Juan Yermo, 2005. "Keeping the Promise of Social Security in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59998, February.
- repec:idb:idbbks:346 is not listed on IDEAS
- James A. Dorn, 2004. "Pension Reform in China: A Question of Property Rights," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 23(3), pages 433-446, Winter.
- repec:idb:brikps:59998 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barr, Abigail & Packard, Truman, 2002. "Revealed preference and self-insurance - Can we learn from the self-employed in Chile?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2754, The World Bank.
- repec:idb:brikps:34758 is not listed on IDEAS
- Treisman, Daniel, 2000. "The causes of corruption: a cross-national study," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 399-457, June.
- Robert Holzmann & Edward Palmer, 2006. "Pension Reform : Issues and Prospects for Non-Financial Defined Contribution (NDC) Schemes," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6983, September.
- Indermit S. Gill & Truman Packard & Juan Yermo, 2005. "Keeping the Promise of Social Security in Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7391, September.
- Robert Holzmann & Richard Hinz, 2005. "Old Age Income Support in the 21st century: An International Perspective on Pension Systems and Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7336, September.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Friedman, Barry*James, Estelle*Kane, Cheikh*Quei, 1996. "How can China provide income security for its rapidly aging population?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1674, The World Bank.
- Federico Escobar & Osvaldo Nina, 2004. "Pension Reform in Bolivia: A Review of Approach and Experience," Development Research Working Paper Series 04/2004, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Tuan, Francis & Somwaru, Agapi & Diao, Xinshen, 2000. "Rural labor migration, characteristics, and employment patterns," TMD discussion papers 63, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rofman, Rafael, 2005. "Social security coverage in Latin America," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 32754, The World Bank.
- Arenas de Mesa, Alberto, 2000. "Cobertura previsional en Chile: lecciones y desafíos del sistema de pensiones administrado por el sector privado," Financiamiento para el Desarrollo 105, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Sabrina T. Wong & Grace J. Yoo & Anita L. Stewart, 2006. "The Changing Meaning of Family Support Among Older Chinese and Korean Immigrants," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(1), pages 4-9.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:nms:mamere:1861-9908_mrev_2009_3_ferber is not listed on IDEAS
- Esteban Calvo, 2014. "Comparative-historical Analysis of Aging Policy Reforms in Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, and Mexico," Working Papers 61, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- repec:boi:isrerv:v:14:y:2016:i:1:p:75-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jscscx:v:7:y:2018:i:5:p:79-:d:146040 is not listed on IDEAS
- María Claudia LLANES VALENZUELA & Gabriel Armando PIRAQUIVE G., 2012. "Sistemas pensionales y solidarios de Chile, Irlanda,Polonia, Brasil y Perú," Archivos de Economía 009596, Departamento Nacional de Planeación.
- Fabio Bertranou & Esteban Calvo & Evelina Bertranou, 2009.
"Is Latin America Retreating From Individual Retirement Accounts?,"
Issues in Brief
ib2009-9-14, Center for Retirement Research, revised Jul 2009.
- Bertranou, Fabio & Calvo, Esteban & Bertranou, Evelina, 2009. "Is Latin America retreating from individual retirement accounts?," MPRA Paper 17422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bertranou, Fabio & Calvo, Esteban & Bertranou, Evelina, 2010.
"¿Está Latinoamérica alejándose de las cuentas individuales de pensiones?
[Is Latin America Retreating from Individual Retirement Accounts?]," MPRA Paper 48751, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPension reform; China; Latin America; Social Security; Culture;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4872. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.