Old-Age Pension Reform and Modernization Pathways: Lessons for China from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Indermit S. Gill & Truman G. Packard & Juan Yermo, 2005. "Keeping the Promise of Social Security in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59998, February.
- repec:idb:idbbks:346 is not listed on IDEAS
- James A. Dorn, 2004. "Pension Reform in China: A Question of Property Rights," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 23(3), pages 433-446, Winter.
- repec:idb:brikps:59998 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barr, Abigail & Packard, Truman, 2002. "Revealed preference and self-insurance - Can we learn from the self-employed in Chile?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2754, The World Bank.
- repec:idb:brikps:34758 is not listed on IDEAS
- Treisman, Daniel, 2000. "The causes of corruption: a cross-national study," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 399-457, June.
- Robert Holzmann & Edward Palmer, 2006. "Pension Reform : Issues and Prospects for Non-Financial Defined Contribution (NDC) Schemes," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6983.
- Indermit S. Gill & Truman Packard & Juan Yermo, 2005. "Keeping the Promise of Social Security in Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7391.
- Robert Holzmann & Richard Hinz, 2005. "Old Age Income Support in the 21st century: An International Perspective on Pension Systems and Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7336.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Friedman, Barry*James, Estelle*Kane, Cheikh*Quei, 1996. "How can China provide income security for its rapidly aging population?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1674, The World Bank.
- Federico Escobar & Osvaldo Nina, 2004. "Pension Reform in Bolivia: A Review of Approach and Experience," Development Research Working Paper Series 04/2004, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Tuan, Francis & Somwaru, Agapi & Diao, Xinshen, 2000. "Rural labor migration, characteristics, and employment patterns," TMD discussion papers 63, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rofman, Rafael, 2005. "Social security coverage in Latin America," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 32754, The World Bank.
- Arenas de Mesa, Alberto, 2000. "Cobertura previsional en Chile: lecciones y desafíos del sistema de pensiones administrado por el sector privado," Financiamiento para el Desarrollo 105, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Sabrina T. Wong & Grace J. Yoo & Anita L. Stewart, 2006. "The Changing Meaning of Family Support Among Older Chinese and Korean Immigrants," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(1), pages 4-9.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Esteban Calvo, 2014. "Comparative-historical Analysis of Aging Policy Reforms in Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, and Mexico," Working Papers 61, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- María Claudia LLANES VALENZUELA & Gabriel Armando PIRAQUIVE G., 2012. "Sistemas pensionales y solidarios de Chile, Irlanda,Polonia, Brasil y Perú," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 009596, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Fabio Bertranou & Esteban Calvo & Evelina Bertranou, 2009.
"Is Latin America Retreating From Individual Retirement Accounts?,"
Issues in Brief
ib2009-9-14, Center for Retirement Research, revised Jul 2009.
- Bertranou, Fabio & Calvo, Esteban & Bertranou, Evelina, 2009. "Is Latin America retreating from individual retirement accounts?," MPRA Paper 17422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bertranou, Fabio & Calvo, Esteban & Bertranou, Evelina, 2010.
"¿Está Latinoamérica alejándose de las cuentas individuales de pensiones?
[Is Latin America Retreating from Individual Retirement Accounts?]," MPRA Paper 48751, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPension reform; China; Latin America; Social Security; Culture;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2007-10-13 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2007-10-13 (China)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4872. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .