Pension systems in 27 EU countries
The following book comprises the Introduction, three chapters and the Conclusion. In the Introduction the author describes general issues concerned with the development of pension systems in Europe. The contents of Chapter I is presentation of system concepts of Bismarck, Beveridge, Friedman-Piñera, the World Bank, and the European Union. Chapter II is devoted to pension systems in particular Member States of the European Union. Each country is presented in the following order: 1) General information about the country, 2) Historic development of the pension system, 3) The present state of the pension system, and 4) Challenges and planned changes in the pension system. The data concerned with the development and functioning of pension systems in particular countries are included in Chapter III. In the Conclusion the author refers to research objectives presented in the Introduction and presents his reflections on the development and future of pension systems in the Member States of the European Union.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clark, Gordon L. & Whiteside, Noel (ed.), 2005. "Pension Security in the 21st Century: Redrawing the Public-Private Debate," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199285570, July.
- Biggs, John H., 2007. "Pension Revolution: A Solution to the Pensions Crisis. Keith P. Ambachtsheer. Wiley Finance, 2007, ISBN 0-470-08723-4, 368 pages," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 346-347, November.
- Whitehouse, Edward, 2007.
"Pensions panorama: retirement-income systems in 53 countries,"
14797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward Whitehouse, 2007. "Pensions Panorama : Retirement-Income Systems in 53 Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7177.
- Asghar Zaidi & Aaron George Grech & Michael Fuchs, 2006.
"Pension policy in EU25 and its possible impact on elderly poverty,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6225, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michael Fuchs & Aaron George Grech & Asghar Zaidi, 2006. "Pension Policy in EU25 and its Possible Impact on Elderly Poverty," CASE Papers case116, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- James, Estelle, 2005. "Pension Security in the 21st Century: Redrawing the Public-Private Debate, Ed. Gordon L. Clark and Noel Whiteside, Oxford University Press, 2004, ISBN 0-19-926176-8, 308 pages, Price $84.50," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 216-218, July.
- Mackenzie,George A. (Sandy), 2006. "Annuity Markets and Pension Reform," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521846325.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.