Inclusive Growth under India's Neo-liberal Regime: Towards an Exposition
Ever since the Eleventh Five Year Plan, India is trying to pursue an inclusive growth strategy. There is, however, much vagueness with regard to the content and intent of so-called inclusive growth. The present paper attempts at exploring the possible content and intent of India's inclusive growth and exposes some critical inconsistencies underlying it. The paper then traces the source of such inconsistencies and shows how such inconsistencies have their roots in the country's neo-liberal policies.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 2011.
"Has India's Economic Growth Become More Pro-Poor in the Wake of Economic Reforms?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 25(2), pages 157-189, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 2009. "Has India's economic growth become more pro-poor in the wake of economic reforms ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5103, The World Bank.
- M.H. Suryanarayana, 2008.
"Inclusive Growth - What is so exclusive about it?,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
22380, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- M.H. Suryanarayana, 2008. "Inculusive growth: What is so exclusive about it?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2008-019, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:421-428 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harvey, David, 2007. "A Brief History of Neoliberalism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199283279.
- Udaya Mishra & S. Subramanian, 2006. "On measuring group-differentials displayed by socioeconomic indicators," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(8), pages 519-521.
- Jacques Silber & Hyun Son, 2010. "On the link between the Bonferroni index and the measurement of inclusive growth," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 421-428. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.