On measuring group differential: Some further results
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan & Srijit Mishra, 2008. "On Measuring Group Differential - Some Further Results," Development Economics Working Papers 22343, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kakwani, N., 1993. "Performance in living standards : An international comparison," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 307-336, August.
- Srijit Mishra, 2008.
"On measuring group-differentials displayed by socio-economic indicators: an extension,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(12), pages 935-938.
- Srijit Mishra, 2006. "On measuring group-differentials displayed by socio-economic indicators: An Extension," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2006-005, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Srijit Mishra, 2006. "On Measuring Group-differentials Displayed by Socio-economic Indicators - An Extension," Microeconomics Working Papers 22397, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Udaya Mishra & S. Subramanian, 2006. "On measuring group-differentials displayed by socioeconomic indicators," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(8), pages 519-521.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Udaya S. Mishra, 2016. "Measuring Progress Towards MDGs in Child Health: Should Base Line Sensitivity and Inequity Matter?," Working Papers id:10705, eSocialSciences.
- Mishra, Udaya S., 2016. "Measuring progress towards MDGs in child health: Should base level sensitivity and inequity matter?," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 70-81.
More about this item
KeywordsIndicator of failure; Level sensitivity (difference-based and ratio-based); Normalization;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-31 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2008-002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .