India’s demographic dividend: opportunities and threats
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blom, Andreas & Saeki, Hiroshi, 2011. "Employability and skill set of newly graduated engineers in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5640, The World Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Maitra, Pushkar & Mani, Subha, 2017.
"Learning and earning: Evidence from a randomized evaluation in India,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 116-130.
- Pushkar Maitra & Subha Mani, 2012. "Learning and Earning: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation in India," Monash Economics Working Papers 44-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Maitra, Pushkar & Mani, Subha, 2014. "Learning and Earning: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation in India," IZA Discussion Papers 8552, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pushkar Maitra & Subha Mani, 2013. "Learning and Earning: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation in India," Working Papers id:5504, eSocialSciences.
- Pushkar Maitra & Subha Mani, 2013. "Learning and Earning: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation in India," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2013-02, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
- Indermit Gill & Johannes Koettl & Truman Packard, 2013. "Full employment: a distant dream for Europe," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-34, December.
- Elena Y. Kardanova & Ekaterina S. Enchikova & Shi H & Johnson N. & Lydia O. Liu & Liyang Mao & Prashant Loyalka, 2015. "Constructing Tests that Can Measure and Compare the Maths and Physics Skills of Engineering Students in Russia and China," HSE Working papers WP BRP 28/EDU/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Hilger, Anne & Nordman, Christophe Jalil & Sarr, Leopold, 2018.
"Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Skills, Hiring Channels, and Wages in Bangladesh,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11578, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Anne Hilger & Christophe Jalil Nordman & Leopold R. Sarr, 2018. "Cognitive and non-cognitive skills, hiring channels, and wages in Bangladesh," Working Papers DT/2018/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Borah, Dhruba & Malik, Khaleel & Massini, Silvia, 2019. "Are engineering graduates ready for R&D jobs in emerging countries? Teaching-focused industry-academia collaboration strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(9), pages 1-1.
- Independent Evaluation Group, 2012. "Youth Employment Programs : An Evaluation of World Bank and International Finance Corporation Support," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12225.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2013. "Unemployment among educated youth: implications for India’s demographic dividend," MPRA Paper 46881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ali Mehdi & Divya Chaudhry, 2016. "Human capital potential of Indiaâ€™s future workforce," Working Papers id:11079, eSocialSciences.
- Atif Aziz & Faizuniah Pangil, 2017. "Moderating Effect of and Emotional Intelligence on the Relationship between Skills and Employability," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 7(3), pages 1-22, March.
- Wendy V. Cunningham & Paula Villaseñor, 2016.
"Employer Voices, Employer Demands, and Implications for Public Skills Development Policy Connecting the Labor and Education Sectors,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 31(1), pages 102-134.
- Cunningham,Wendy & Villasenor,Paula, 2016. "Employer voices, employer demands, and implications for public skills development policy connecting the labor and education sectors," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7582, The World Bank.
- Aedo, Cristian & Hentschel, Jesko & Luque, Javier & Moreno, Martin, 2013. "From occupations to embedded skills : a cross-country comparison," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6560, The World Bank.
- Rita Almeida & Jere Behrman & David Robalino, 2012. "The Right Skills for the Job? Rethinking Training Policies for Workers," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13075.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "Are The Services Delivered Employable? A Scenario Of Technical Education In Rural India," Post-Print hal-01483640, HAL.
- Ali Mehdi & Divya Chaudhry, 2015. "Human Capital Potential of India's Future Workforce," Working Papers id:7846, eSocialSciences.
- Cunningham, Wendy & Villasenor, Paula, 2014. "Employer voices, employer demands, and implications for public skills development policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6853, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsDemographic Dividend; Employment; Skill Gap; Labour Demand;
All these keywords.
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46880. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.