Comparative study of static and dynamic neural network models for nonlinear time series forecasting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Scheinkman, Jose A & LeBaron, Blake, 1989. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 311-337, July.
- Kewei Hou & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 2005. "Market Frictions, Price Delay, and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(3), pages 981-1020.
- Lo, Andrew W. & MacKinlay, A. Craig, 1989.
"The size and power of the variance ratio test in finite samples : A Monte Carlo investigation,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 203-238, February.
- Andrew W. Lo & Craig A. MacKinlay, "undated". "The Size and Power of the Variance Ratio Test in Finite Samples: A Monte Carlo Investigation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 28-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988. "The Size and Power of the Variance Ratio Test in Finite Samples: A Monte Carlo Investigation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0066, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cox, James Jr. & Loomis, David G., 2006. "Improving forecasting through textbooks -- A 25 year review," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 617-624.
- Timmermann, Allan & Granger, Clive W. J., 2004. "Efficient market hypothesis and forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 15-27.
- Matkovskyy, Roman, 2012. "Forecasting the Index of Financial Safety (IFS) of South Africa using neural networks," MPRA Paper 42153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abounoori, Abbas Ali & Naderi, Esmaeil & Gandali Alikhani, Nadiya & Amiri, Ashkan, 2013.
"Financial Time Series Forecasting by Developing a Hybrid Intelligent System,"
45615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abounoori, Abbas Ali & Naderi, Esmaeil & Gandali Alikhani, Nadiya & Amiri, Ashkan, 2013. "Financial Time Series Forecasting by Developing a Hybrid Intelligent System," MPRA Paper 45860, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Majid Delavari & Nadiya Gandali Alikhani & Esmaeil Naderi, 2013.
"Do Dynamic Neural Networks Stand a Better Chance in Fractionally Integrated Process Forecasting?,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(2), pages 466-475.
- Delavari, Majid & Gandali Alikhani, Nadiya & Naderi, Esmaeil, 2012. "Do Dynamic Neural Networks Stand a Better Chance in Fractionally Integrated Process Forecasting?," MPRA Paper 45977, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doyle, John R. & Chen, Catherine H., 2013. "Patterns in stock market movements tested as random number generators," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(1), pages 122-132.
- Costas Siriopoulos & Alexandros Leontitsis, 2002. "Nonlinear Noise Estimation in International Capital Markets," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 43-63, March.
- Asal, Maher, 2016. "Testing for the presence of skill in Swedish mutual fund performance: Evidence from a bootstrap analysis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 22-35.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1996. "The econometrics of financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-102, May.
- Jorge Belaire-Franch & Kwaku Opong, 2005. "A Variance Ratio Test of the Behaviour of Some FTSE Equity Indices Using Ranks and Signs," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 93-107, January.
- Yen-Hsien Lee, 2010. "The Impact Of Deregulation On Stock Market Efficiency," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 4(2), pages 165-176.
- Emilian Lucian NEACSU & Marcela Daniela TODONI, 2014. "A Way To Determine Chaotic Behaviour In Romanian Stock Market," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 14, pages 207-214, December.
- Katusiime, Lorna & Shamsuddin, Abul & Agbola, Frank W., 2015. "Foreign exchange market efficiency and profitability of trading rules: Evidence from a developing country," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 315-332.
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Idoudi, Nadhem & Khalaf, Lynda & Yelou, Clement, 2007. "Finite sample multivariate structural change tests with application to energy demand models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1219-1244, December.
- Caginalp, Gunduz & DeSantis, Mark, 2017. "Does price efficiency increase with trading volume? Evidence of nonlinearity and power laws in ETFs," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 467(C), pages 436-452.
- Ping‐Wen Sun & Yifan Shen & Meifen Qian & Wu Yan, 2021. "Risk of holding stocks with liquidity sensitive to market uncertainty: evidence from China," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 61(S1), pages 1993-2029, April.
- Rodríguez, Mª Araceli, 2005. "Nueva Evidencia Empírica sobre las Turbulencias Cambiarias de la Peseta Española. 1989-1998/New Evidence about Turbulences on the Spanish Peseta. 1989-1998s," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 207-230, Abril.
- João A. Bastos & Jorge Caiado, 2014.
"Clustering financial time series with variance ratio statistics,"
Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(12), pages 2121-2133, December.
- Joao A. Bastos & Jorge Caiado, 2009. "Clustering financial time series with variance ratio statistics," CEMAPRE Working Papers 0904, Centre for Applied Mathematics and Economics (CEMAPRE), School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon.
- Kumar, Alok, 2007. "Do the diversification choices of individual investors influence stock returns?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 362-390, November.
- Alexander S. Sangare, 2005. "Efficience des marchés : un siècle après Bachelier," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 81(4), pages 107-132.
- Derick D. Quintino & Sergio A. David & Carlos E. de F. Vian, 2017. "Analysis of the Relationship between Ethanol Spot and Futures Prices in Brazil," IJFS, MDPI, vol. 5(2), pages 1-10, April.
- Dilip B. Madan & Wim Schoutens & King Wang, 2017. "Measuring And Monitoring The Efficiency Of Markets," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(08), pages 1-32, December.
- Olimpia Neagu, 2019. "The Link between Economic Complexity and Carbon Emissions in the European Union Countries: A Model Based on the Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(17), pages 1-27, August.
More about this item
KeywordsForecasting; Stock Market; dynamic Neural Network; Static Neural Network.;
All these keywords.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ETS-2013-04-27 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FOR-2013-04-27 (Forecasting)
- NEP-ORE-2013-04-27 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.