Transferts de fonds, éducation et travail des enfants au Maroc: Une analyse par score de propension
[Remittances, Education and Child labor in Morocco: A propensity score matching approach]
The purpose of this paper is to examine the impact of remittances on child labor and demand of education using survey data on the Souss-Massa-Draa region (South of Morocco). Based on an instrumental variables probit model, we find a positive and significant effect of remittances on the investments in education. Furthermore, the number of children living in migrant households who accumulate employment and schooling is clearly less raised compared with the children of the households of group of control (non migrant households). Moreover, our results show the positive effect of remittances on the schooling of the poor children. It also seems that the partial participation of poor children or teenagers in work declines more significantly through migrant remittances.
|Date of creation:||11 Apr 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Delphine Boutin, 2011. "Envoi de fonds et allocation du temps des enfants au Niger : L’effet indirect des chocs négatifs," Larefi Working Papers 1105, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- Calero, C. & Bedi, A.S. & Sparrow, R.A., 2008.
"Remittances, liquidity constraints and human capital investments in Ecuador,"
ISS Working Papers - General Series
18735, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2009. "Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1143-1154, June.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2008. "Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador," IZA Discussion Papers 3358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/11242 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittances as insurance: evidence from Mexican immigrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 227-254, June.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Miftah, Amal, 2014.
"Education, Genre et Transferts de fonds des migrants: Quelles interactions dans le Maroc rural ?
[Education, Gender and Remittances: What interactions in rural Morocco?]," MPRA Paper 57051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mansuri, Ghazala, 2006. "Migration, school attainment, and child labor : evidence from rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3945, The World Bank.
- Pasquier-Doumer, Laure, 2005. "La transmission des inégalités au Pérou : un modèle de choix simultané d'éducation supérieure et d'offre de travail," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11242, Paris Dauphine University.
- Christian Hubert Ebeke, 2010. "The Effect of Remittances on Child Labor: Cross-Country Evidence," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 351-364.
- Halliday, Timothy, 2006.
"Migration, Risk, and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 893-925, July.
- Timothy Halliday, 2005. "Migration, Risk and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador," Working Papers 200511, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics, revised 28 Mar 2006.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2006.
"Migration and education inequality in rural Mexico,"
INTAL Working Papers
1446, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2006. "Migration and Education Inequality in Rural Mexico," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9392, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Dean Yang, 2006.
"International Migration, Remittances, and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks,"
NBER Working Papers
12325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dean Yang, 2008. "International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, 04.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N., 2011.
"Migration, Transfers and Child Labor,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5641, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthieu CLEMENT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011.
"Remittances and household expenditure patterns in Tajikistan: A propensity score matching analysis,"
Cahiers du GREThA
2011-09, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Clemént, Matthieu, 2011. "Remittances and Household Expenditure Patterns in Tajikistan: A Propensity Score Matching Analysis," Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 28(2), pages 58-87.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.