Assessing Farmer’s Willingness to Participate in the On-farm Conservation of Minor Millet using Direct Compensation Payment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Prabhakaran T. Raghu & Sukanya Das & S. Bala Ravi & E.D.Israel Oliver King, 2012. "Assessing Farmer’s Willingness to Participate in the On-farm Conservation of Minor Millet using Direct Compensation Payment," Working Papers 2012-073, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gruère, Guillaume & Nagarajan, Latha & King, E.D.I. Oliver, 2009. "The role of collective action in the marketing of underutilized plant species: Lessons from a case study on minor millets in South India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 39-45, February.
- Gruere, Guillaume P. & Nagarajan, Latha & King, E.D.I. Oliver, 2007. "Collective action and marketing of underutilized plant species: The case of minor millets in Kolli Hills, Tamil Nadu, India," CAPRi working papers 69, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gruere, Guillaume P. & Smale, Melinda & Giuliani, Alessandra, 2006. "Marketing Underutilized Plant Species for the Poor," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25742, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Brigitte Desaigues, Dominique Ami, 2001. "An estimation of the social benefits of preserving biodiversity," International Journal of Global Environmental Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 73-86.
- Andreas Kontoleon & Timothy Swanson, 2003. "The Willingness to Pay for Property Rights for the Giant Panda: Can a Charismatic Species Be an Instrument for Nature Conservation?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 79(4), pages 483-499.
- Jupiter Ndjeunga & Carl H. Nelson, 2005. "Toward understanding household preference for consumption characteristics of millet varieties: a case study from western Niger," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 151-165, March.
- Scarpa, Riccardo & Ruto, Eric S. K. & Kristjanson, Patti & Radeny, Maren & Drucker, Adam G. & Rege, John E. O., 2003. "Valuing indigenous cattle breeds in Kenya: an empirical comparison of stated and revealed preference value estimates," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 409-426, July.
- Birol, Ekin & Villalba, Eric Rayn & Smale, Melinda, 2009.
"Farmer preferences for milpa diversity and genetically modified maize in Mexico: a latent class approach,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(04), pages 521-540, August.
- Birol, Ekin & Villalba, Eric Rayn & Smale, Melinda, 2007. "Farmer preferences for Milpa diversity and genetically modified maize in Mexico: A latent class approach," IFPRI discussion papers 726, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Horna, J. Daniela & Smale, Melinda & Oppen, Matthias Von, 2007.
"Farmer willingness to pay for seed-related information: rice varieties in Nigeria and Benin,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(06), pages 799-825, December.
- Horna, J. Daniela & Smale, Melinda & von Oppen, Matthias, 2005. "Farmer willingness to pay for seed-related information: rice varieties in Nigeria and Benin," EPTD discussion papers 142, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- P. Dupraz & D. Vermersch & B. De Frahan & L. Delvaux, 2003. "The Environmental Supply of Farm Households: A Flexible Willingness to Accept Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 25(2), pages 171-189, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsAgro-biodiversity conservation; contingent valuation method; food security; kolli hills; minor millets; willingness to accept;
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45079. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.