Institutional changes of SPACs
We document the changes of corporate design of modern Specified Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) from 2003 to 2012. We assign the impact on changes of SPACs to each of the three groups of stakeholders: founders, investors and underwriters and test whether institutional characteristics of SPACs determine the success of their merger outcomes. We document that SPACs significantly redesigned its structure in the period under observation. Additionally, the probability of the merger for SPACs is increasing if they are able to; announce the deal soon after the IPO, focus that deal on China and have their IPO underwritten by EarlyBirdCapital
|Date of creation:||03 Feb 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dailami, Mansoor & Kurlat, Sergio & Lim, Jamus Jerome, 2012.
"Bilateral M&A activity from the global south,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5953, The World Bank.
- Dailami, Mansoor & Kurlat, Sergio & Lim, Jamus Jerome, 2012. "Bilateral M&A activity from the Global South," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 345-364.
- Floros, Ioannis V. & Sapp, Travis R.A., 2011. "Shell games: On the value of shell companies," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 850-867, September.
- Robert Berger, 2008. "SPACs: An Alternative Wav to Access the Public Markets," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 20(3), pages 68-75.
- DeLong, Gayle L., 2001. "Stockholder gains from focusing versus diversifying bank mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 221-252, February.
- Helwege, Jean & Liang, Nellie, 2004. "Initial Public Offerings in Hot and Cold Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(03), pages 541-569, September.
- Lakicevic, Milan & Vulanovic, Milos, 2012.
"A Story on SPACs,"
65843, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Schultz, Paul, 1993. "Unit initial public offerings *1: A form of staged financing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 199-229, October.
- Pegaret Pichler, 2001. "A Theory of the Syndicate: Form Follows Function," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2237-2264, December.
- Rossi, Stefano & Volpin, Paolo, 2003.
"Cross-Country Determinants of Mergers and Acquisitions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rossi, Stefano & Volpin, Paolo F., 2004. "Cross-country determinants of mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 277-304, November.
- Yim, Soojin, 2013. "The acquisitiveness of youth: CEO age and acquisition behavior," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 250-273.
- repec:oxf:wpaper:2001-fe-05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shachmurove, Yochanan & Vulanovic, Milos, 2015. "Specified purpose acquisition companies in shipping," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 64-79.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Adams, Renée & Almeida, Heitor & Ferreira, Daniel, 2009. "Understanding the relationship between founder-CEOs and firm performance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 136-150, January.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Shane A. Corwin & Paul Schultz, 2005. "The Role of IPO Underwriting Syndicates: Pricing, Information Production, and Underwriter Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(1), pages 443-486, 02.
- Pegaret Pichler & William Wilhelm, 2001. "A Theory of the Syndicate: Form Follows Function," OFRC Working Papers Series 2001fe05, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Chemmanur, T.J. & Fulghieri, P., 1994.
"Why Include Warrants in New Equity Issues? A Theory of Unit IPOs,"
95-05, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Fulghieri, Paolo, 1997. "Why Include Warrants in New Equity Issues? A Theory of Unit IPOs," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 1-24, March.
- Mitchell, Mark & Pulvino, Todd, 2012. "Arbitrage crashes and the speed of capital," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 469-490.
- David J. Brophy & Paige P. Ouimet & Clemens Sialm, 2009. "Hedge Funds as Investors of Last Resort?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 541-574, February.
- Akuzawa, Toshinao & Nishiyama, Yoshihiko, 2013. "Implied Sharpe ratios of portfolios with options: Application to Nikkei futures and listed options," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 335-357.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.