Speculation and regulation in commodity markets: The Keynesian approach in theory and practice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alessandro Lanteri & Anna Carabelli, 2011.
"Beauty contested: how much of Keynes' remains in behavioural economics' beauty contests?,"
The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 269-285.
- Alessandro Lanteri & Anna Carabelli, 2008. "Beauty Contested. How much of Keynes’ remains in Behavioural Economics Beauty Contests?," ICER Working Papers 20-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Rappoport, Peter & White, Eugene N, 1994. "Was the Crash of 1929 Expected?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 271-281, March.
- Anna Carabelli, 2002. "Speculation and reasonableness: a non-Bayesian theory of rationality," Chapters,in: Post Keynesian Econometrics, Microeconomics and the Theory of the Firm, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sigl-Grüb, C. & Schiereck, D., 2010. "Returns to Speculators in Commodity Futures Markets: A Comprehensive Revisit," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 56602, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- J. K. Eastham, 1936. "Rationalisation in the Tin Industry," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 13-32.
- J. K. Eastham, 1939. "Commodity Stocks and Prices," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 100-110.
- Marco Dardi & Mauro Gallegati, 1992. "Alfred Marshall on Speculation," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 24(3), pages 571-594, Fall.
- Fantacci, Luca & Marcuzzo, Maria Cristina & Sanfilippo, Eleonora, 2010. "Speculation In Commodities: Keynes’ “Practical Acquaintance” With Futures Markets," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(03), pages 397-418, September.
- Luca Fantacci & Maria Cristina Marcuzzo & Annalisa Rosselli & Eleonora Sanfilippo, 2012. "Speculation and buffer stocks: The legacy of Keynes and Kahn," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 453-473, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderaos de Araujo, Fabio, 2015. "Sraffa and the Labour Theory of Value - a note," MPRA Paper 65557, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Jul 2015.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2014. "Keynes is alive and well: a survey article," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 67(268), pages 105-124.
- Anderaos de Araujo, Fabio, 2015. "Sraffa and the labour theory of value - a note," MPRA Paper 65573, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Jul 2015.
- David Chambers & Elroy Dimson & Justin Foo, 2013. "Keynes, King's, and Endowment Asset Management," NBER Chapters,in: How the Financial Crisis and Great Recession Affected Higher Education, pages 127-150 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Paesani & Annalisa Rosselli, 2014. "The Case for a Supra-national Control on Commodities in the post WWII World: Novel Perspectives from FAO and Kaldor Archives," HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(1), pages 5-30.
- Anderaos de Araujo, Fabio, 2015. "Sraffa and the Labour Theory of Value - a note," MPRA Paper 65426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anderaos de Araujo, Fabio, 2015. "Sraffa and the Labour Theory of Value - a note," MPRA Paper 65891, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Jul 2015.
- repec:taf:bushst:v:59:y:2017:i:4:p:471-496 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsKeynes; primary commodities; buffer stocks; future markets; speculation;
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .