The Generalised Autocovariance Function
The generalised autocovariance function is defined for a stationary stochastic process as the inverse Fourier transform of the power transformation of the spectral density function. Depending on the value of the transformation parameter, this function nests the inverse and the traditional autocovariance functions. A frequency domain non-parametric estimator based on the power transformation of the pooled periodogram is considered and its asymptotic distribution is derived. The results are employed to construct classes of tests of the white noise hypothesis, for clustering and discrimination of stochastic processes and to introduce a novel feature matching estimator of the spectrum.
|Date of creation:||06 Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Velasco, Carlos, 2000.
"Non-Gaussian Log-Periodogram Regression,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 44-79, February.
- Velasco, Carlos, 1998. "Non-Gaussian log-periodogram regression," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 4553, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Willa W. Chen & Rohit S. Deo, 2004. "Power transformations to induce normality and their applications," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 117-130.
- Hong, Yongmiao, 1996. "Consistent Testing for Serial Correlation of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 837-64, July.
- Harvey, A C & Jaeger, A, 1993. "Detrending, Stylized Facts and the Business Cycle," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 231-47, July-Sept.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 1992.
"Spectral Based Testing of the Martingale Hypothesis,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Durlauf, Steven N., 1991. "Spectral based testing of the martingale hypothesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 355-376, December.
- Tieslau, Margie A. & Schmidt, Peter & Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "A minimum distance estimator for long-memory processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 249-264.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005.
"Distribution Free Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear Processes,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
482, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005. "Distribution free goodness-of-fit tests for linear processes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6840, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ahmed El Ghini & Christian Francq, 2006. "Asymptotic Relative Efficiency of Goodness-Of-Fit Tests Based on Inverse and Ordinary Autocorrelations," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(6), pages 843-855, November.
- Alessandra Luati & Tommaso Proietti & Marco Reale, 2012.
"The Variance Profile,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 107(498), pages 607-621, June.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2009.
"Bartlett's formula for a general class of non linear processes,"
13224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 2009. "Bartlett's formula for a general class of nonlinear processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 449-465, 07.
- Fay, Gilles & Soulier, Philippe, 2001. "The periodogram of an i.i.d. sequence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 315-343, April.
- Chen, Willa W. & Deo, Rohit S., 2004. "A Generalized Portmanteau Goodness-Of-Fit Test For Time Series Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 382-416, April.
- Deo, Rohit S., 2000. "Spectral tests of the martingale hypothesis under conditional heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 291-315, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43711. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.