Finance and economic development in Islam, historical perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dan Bogart, 2011.
"Did the Glorious Revolution contribute to the transport revolution? Evidence from investment in roads and rivers,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 64(4), pages 1073-1112, November.
- Dan Bogart, 2009. "Did the Glorious Revolution Contribute to the Transport Revolution? Evidence from Investment in Roads and Rivers," Working Papers 080918, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- R. C. Allen, 2011. "Why the industrial revolution was British: commerce, induced invention, and the scientific revolution," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 64(2), pages 357-384, May.
- Timur Kuran, 2011. "The Long Divergence: How Islamic Law Held Back the Middle East," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9273.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic capitalism; economic development and Islam; Economic decline and Islam;
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-10-27 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2012-10-27 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2012-10-27 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2012-10-27 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .