Inégalités des revenus,endettement et pauvreté dans les pays de l’uemoa : une approche sur données de panel dynamique
[Income inequalities, debt, and poverty in WAEMU Countries : A Dynamic Panel Data Approach]
The objective of this paper is to analyze the impact of income inequalities on external debt on the one hand and the influence of external debt on poverty on the other hand. The study relates to a sample made up of seven WAEMU countries between 1984 and 2005. The empirical verification starting from data of dynamic panel shows overall significant results. Indeed, these results affirm firstly that the income inequalities favours the increase of external debt and secondly, the presence of external debt increases poverty in WAEMU countries.
|Date of creation:||12 Oct 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul R. Krugman, 1988.
"Financing vs. Forgiving a Debt Overhang,"
NBER Working Papers
2486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew M. Warner, 1992. "Did the Debt Crisis Cause the Investment Crisis?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1161-1186.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1995.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
IFS Working Papers
W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Youssouf Kiendrebeogo, 2010. "Développement financier et pauvreté dans l'UEMOA," Documents de travail 155, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988.
"The Ricardian Approach to Budget Deficits,"
728, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41896. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.