What Prompts Central Bank Intervention in the Barbadian Foreign Exchange Market?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baillie, Richard T. & Osterberg, William P., 1997. "Why do central banks intervene?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 909-919, December.
- Kim, Suk-Joong & Sheen, Jeffrey, 2002. "The determinants of foreign exchange intervention by central banks: evidence from Australia," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 619-649, October.
- Ana Maria Herrera & Pinar Ozbay, 2005. "A Dynamic Model of Central Bank Intervention," Working Papers 0501, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- DeLisle Worrell & Roland Craigwell & Travis Mitchell, 2008. "The behaviour of a small foreign exchange market with a long-term peg-Barbados," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(8), pages 673-682.
- Almekinders, Geert J & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W, 1994.
"Daily Bundesbank and Federal Reserve Interventions: Are They a Reaction to Changes in the Level and Volatility of the DM/$-Rate?,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 111-130.
- Almekinders, G.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1994. "Daily Bundesbank and federal reserve interventions : Are they a reaction to changes in the level and volatility of the DM/$-rate?," Other publications TiSEM 3e0ae3fa-af29-4757-aecb-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Almekinders, G.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1994. "Daily Bundesbank and federal reserve interventions : Are they a reaction to changes in the level and volatility of the DM/$-rate?," Other publications TiSEM e583abfb-39f0-4c9d-8848-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ito, Takatoshi & Yabu, Tomoyoshi, 2007.
"What prompts Japan to intervene in the Forex market? A new approach to a reaction function,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 193-212, March.
- Takatoshi Ito & Tomoyoshi Yabu, 2004. "What Prompts Japan to Intervene in the Forex Market? A New Approach to a Reaction Function," NBER Working Papers 10456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moore, Alvon, 2011. "Demand elasticity of oil in Barbados," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3515-3519, June.
- Mahalia Jackman & Roland Craigwell & Michelle Doyle-Lowe, 2013. "Nonlinearity in the reaction of the foreign exchange market to interest rate differentials: evidence from a small open economy with a long-term peg," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 287-296, February.
- Lorde, Troy & Lowe, Shane & Francis, Brian, 2010. "Do Tourism Receipts Contribute to the Sustainability of Current Account Deficits: A Case Study of Barbados," MPRA Paper 95495, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahalia Jackman, 2012. "Foreign exchange intervention in a small open economy with a long term peg," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 2207-2219.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- He Li & Zhixiang Yu & Chuanjie Zhang & Zhuang Zhang, 2017. "Determination of China’s foreign exchange intervention: evidence from the Yuan/Dollar market," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 62-81, March.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign exchange; intervention; fixed exchange rate;
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- N26 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Latin America; Caribbean
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2012-10-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2012-10-13 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-10-13 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41703. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.