L’analisi della domanda degli oli extravergine d’oliva in Italia Un’applicazione del modello A.I.D.S
[The analysis of the demand for extra virgin olive oil in Italy An application of the AIDSmodel]
The search of a theoretical model of the behaviour to the consumption, most possible near the evidence of the truth, is at the base of the Demand’s theory. Various scientific approaches to the pattern of the preferences of the consumers and the choices of consumption have been implemented.The extravirgin olive oil market characterizes for a marked dichotomy between little great companies and most numerous smalls businessmen. The first ones have an extension on all territory, while the little ones are legacies to local niches. Moreover, from the data emerged, acquire significance, to the aims of the competitive context, the promotion strategies, particularly used in the supermarket channel. Also in this case, a strong discrepancy is showed between the use promotion lever of the great companies, plus continuous, regarding the small enterprises. It’s strategic, like in other sectors, the increasing role that are assuming the Marches trades, or like market shares (in constant increase on all territory), or like privileged management of the advertising lever. At last, extravirgin olive oil sector is clearly still characterized from a remarkable elasticity of the pricing effect on the volumes of expenditure.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deaton, A., 1988.
"Quality, Quantity, And Spatial Variation Of Price,"
30, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Balcombe, K. G. & Davis, J. R., 1996.
"An application of cointegration theory in the estimation of the almost ideal demand system for food consumption in Bulgaria,"
Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 47-60, September.
- Balcombe, Kelvin George & Davis, J.R., 1996. "An application of cointegration theory in the estimation of the Almost Ideal Demand system for food consumption in Bulgaria," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1), September.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Abadia, Antonio, 1985. "Income distribution and composition of consumer demand in the Spanish economy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-13.
- Dono, Gabriele & Thompson, Gary, 1994. "Explaining Changes in Italian Consumption of Meat: Parametric and Non-parametric Analysis," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 21(2), pages 175-98.
- Alley, Andrew G & Ferguson, Donald G & Stewart, Kenneth G, 1992. "An Almost Ideal Demand System for Alcoholic Beverages in British Columbia," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 401-18.
- Denton, Frank T & Mountain, Dean C & Spencer, Byron G, 1999. "Age, Trend, and Cohort Effects in a Macro Model of Canadian Expenditure Patterns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 430-43, October.
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Piggott, Nicholas E., 2001. "Incorporating demand shifters in the Almost Ideal demand system," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 73-78, January.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Anderson, G J & Blundell, R W, 1982. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Dynamic Singular Equation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1559-71, November.
- Barten, A. P. & Bettendorf, L. J., 1989. "Price formation of fish : An application of an inverse demand system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1509-1525, October.
- Frank Asche & Cathy R. Wessells, 1997. "On Price Indices in the Almost Ideal Demand System," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1182-1185.
- Attfield, Clifford L. F., 1985. "Homogeneity and endogeneity in systems of demand equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 197-209, February.
- Deaton, Angus, 1986. "Demand analysis," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1767-1839 Elsevier.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.