Simple taxation schemes on non–renewable resources extraction
Traditional economic theory, up to the middle of the twentieth century, builds up the production functions regardless of the inputs’ scarcity. In the last few decades it has become clear that in many cases inputs are depletable quantities and at the same time a lot of constraints are imposed in their usage in order to ensure economic sustainability. Furthermore, the management of exploitation and use of natural resources (either exhaustible or renewable) has been discussed by analyzing dynamic models applying methods of Optimal Control Theory. This theory provides solutions that are concerned with a single decision maker who can control the model’s dynamics facing a certain performance index to be optimized. In this paper we consider some simple taxation schemes based both on price charged and on the stock size as well. As the feedback taxation rules are more efficient than the other (non feedback) rules we have constructed the simple taxation scheme and found the analytical expression of the tax function.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. Lambertini, 2007. "Volatility forecasting for crude oil futures," Working Papers 598, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Dockner,Engelbert J. & Jorgensen,Steffen & Long,Ngo Van & Sorger,Gerhard, 2000. "Differential Games in Economics and Management Science," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521637329, June.
- Karp Larry & Livernois John, 1994.
"Using Automatic Tax Changes to Control Pollution Emissions,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 38-48, July.
- Livernois, J. & Karp, L., 1992. "Using Automatic Tax Changes to Control Pollution Emissions," Working Papers 1992-12, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1995. "The design perspective in resource and environmental economics," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 317-325, December.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & van Long, Ngo, 1998.
"Efficiency inducing taxation for polluting oligopolists,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 325-342, November.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 1997. "Efficiency Inducing Taxation for Polluting Oligopolists," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-21, CIRANO.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1995.
"Consistency and Optimality in a Dynamic Game of Pollution Control I: Competition,"
9529, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal, 1996. "Consistency and optimality in a dynamic game of pollution control I: Competition," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(2), pages 205-220, September.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1995. "Consistency And Optimality In A Dynamic Game Of Pollution Control I: Competition," Economics Research Institute, ERI Study Papers 28351, Utah State University, Economics Department.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 2006.
"The Curse Of Windfall Gains In A Non Renewable Resource Oligopoly,"
Departmental Working Papers
2006-24, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 2006. "The Curse Of Windfall Gains In A Non Renewable Resource Oligopoly ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 99-105, 06.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 2006. "The Curse of Windfall Gains in a Non Renewable Resource Oligopoly," CIRANO Working Papers 2006s-10, CIRANO.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & Van Long, Ngo, 2002. "Transboundary Fishery: A Differential Game Model," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(274), pages 207-21, May.
- Benchekroun, Hassan, 2003. "Unilateral production restrictions in a dynamic duopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 214-239, August.
- Dockner, Engelbert & Feichtinger, Gustav & Mehlmann, Alexander, 1989. "Noncooperative solutions for a differential game model of fishery," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-20, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.